Push 2, the lat. delt. raises...

Options
becka63
becka63 Posts: 712 Member
I'm sure I posted something about these the last time round!!!

I HATE them!!

I have no strength in my shoulders whatsoever by that point and it is the only exercise in the whole program where I have not made ANY increase in my weights AT all!

I'm using resistance bands and have 6, 5 of which are different resistances. I'm using the one with the lowest resistance and next week when I do it, I'm going to go down to my 6th band, which is a really low resistance one, because I was aware that my form wasn't great!

Rant over. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    don't give up! that's not an easy place to target.

hope someone else can give you better help :)
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Honestly, these are one of the hardest muscles for me to increase weights as well. I think it is because they are small and usually not worked in isolation. I would just concentrate on having the best form possible with whatever resistance you can handle.
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with my posterior delts. Just keep lifting what you are able to do with good form. Eventually, the lateral delts will strengthen. It took quite a while for my posteriors to catch up but they did and I'm now lifting heavier.

Another thing you could do, is use more resistance for as many reps as you can with good form. Once your form starts to get worse (even if it's only one or two at first), switch to a band with less resistance.

Karen