feeling blah...

wa_tracy
wa_tracy Posts: 110 Member
I'm on day 4 of the reset and I'm feeling gross. I know it will pass, but just needed to vent. My brain struggles with the end of the day and having to get more foods in...all the while trying to get to the macros percentages...which HELLO...I fail at everyday, though I'm spending more time reading labels than I ever have. I mean I'm eating well, not loading up on unhealthy foods, which means I'm shoveling food in my mouth all the time b/c it's of the healthy nature. My TDEE is 2125, and it's hard to get there when for a month I've been retraining my mind and body to not need so much, which I know is unhealthy...eating/netting 1300 a day. I could just use some words of encouragement to keep me going. The thought of doing this for more than a week, well, that just isn't fun.

Replies

• Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    Almost everyone on this forum is or has experienced the same thing :) You aren't alone!

I've been thinking of adding in something like Naked Juice daily so I can up my calories with juice instead of more food volume
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Sorry, you are having a rough day.
    I felt like you at the beginning of my reset. It will get easier. Just hang in there.
    i am at the point now, where I can enjoy the food.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Hey there! Seems like the reset can be kind of an emotional roller coaster at times!
    I have been resetting for 20 days now. This is actually my second attempt at resetting because my first time through I just wasnt ready and had to throw in the towel. I've been blogging about it at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/momofmyfivekids. Maybe it would help you to see some of the natural phases of this process and that they are just temporary.

Also remember that the more consistent you can be, the better you will feel physically and emotionally. But yeah, those first few days are hard...and then the hunger that seems to kick in!! Wowsers!

I've said it before on the reset threads, but this is about long-term success. Anyone can slash their calories and go on and off diets, but we are in this for the long term. A few pounds of water weight is a small price to pay for a lifetime of success!
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    where can I find out more abou tthis reset you all are talking about??? I don't wnat to have to buy a book fi I don't have to. I already upped my cals in MFP, but if I don't start losing in a few weeks, I may concider doing the reset.

Thanks!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    One thing that's been helping me is to fill in the next day's diary with protein choices (the whole day), then I round it out with carbs, fats just seem to fall into place. I don't worry if it's not perfect as long as the protein hits at least my Lean body weight.
  • mommamuscles
    Check out the youtube channel
    EatMore2WeighLess. There is one on a metabolism reset
  • mommamuscles
    Also if you go to the website www.em2wl.com there are some blogs that talk about it in detail.
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    One thing that's been helping me is to fill in the next day's diary with protein choices (the whole day), then I round it out with carbs, fats just seem to fall into place. I don't worry if it's not perfect as long as the protein hits at least my Lean body weight.

I'm liking this method....wonder if I can work this into long term meal planning.......