Why did I even bother?

Options
MrsKosal
MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
One of my best friends is currently doing a juice diet. The only thing she consumes is juice from her machine, water, coffee, and maybe a piece of fruit.

I tried to explain the EM2WL concept and she just refused to hear it or listen. Even when I brought up the research, pulled her numbers, and put her juice in the recipe builder to show her she was only eating 750 calories a day!!!!

When I put it in black and white on paper and showed her that I could eat 2377 cals, drop to 2000 and lose every week while she is eating 700 and losing and gaining back and forth, she was stumped.

But, meanwhile she is starving to death, always hungry, breaking out, can't poop, etc. UGH!!!!!!

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I tried to explain it to so many people-they just don't believe it....

It could be so easy
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    It's so clear to me after reading everything. I am just shocked that people refuse to grasp it and understand that they could be happy and HEALTHY!
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I would like to encourage you in this . back in February I was the same way starving myself and eating way under calorie. people would give me advice tell me how many calories I needed to eat and spilled out a bunch of numbers. I was not receptive to listening at that time I was not ready to hear it. I had to come to the point where I truly wanted to change for myself and it took a lot of time and patience on doing that. that is when I came to the group eat more to weigh less have been 2 weeks in. before then when anyone would voice their concern I honestly would get down right mean be it to tell them to shut up or accuse them of barking at me. even though they probably were concerned about me but I was not at the place where I wanted to listen. but don't give up on her just yet. back away just a bit and pray for her to come around. we want our friends to get better but we can only tell them what helps us we can't make them change. it is hard you feel frustrated . I am sure the people were frustrated with me too. I was not listening. but look at me now I am coming for help because I want to break this cycle and get out of this mode. this is from someone who knows. who was as pig headed and stubborn as they came.
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    She did tell me that if things do not start to work out for her, that she'd give my way a try. We'll see. She's pretty bull headed.