Bare with me! I am giddy!

Options
MrsKosal
MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
I cannot even begin to explain how much I love NROLFW! I only started last week and I already feel stronger and better. I had no idea my body was capable of lifting what I've been lifting. I've already upped in weights 3 times in each category with weights and have finally began challenging myself physically and mentally. I am loving every second of it. I felt like a badass in the gym today with my big dumbells doing step ups on a flat bench! I cannot wait to see the changes the occur during the length of this program!

I just feel better. I feel strong. I feel determined. I feel HAPPY!

Replies

• crystalwelshroberts
    crystalwelshroberts Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I could not agree with you more!! I really love the program! Stage 1 was fantastic... You will be amazed how much you improve over the first stage :) I did stage 2B last night and was unprepared so it was a bit tough with the different moves but it's good to not know what you are doing on occasion- keeps you humble :)
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    SUPER STAR!!! So great to hear this!! Rock on girl!
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Lifting is soooo addictive!!!
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    I'm already anxious for the next stage! I did Workout A, the 3rd workout. So I just started doing less reps, so I really upped the weight today. Good job!
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Isn't it awesome?! Im on stage 1 workout a, number 7 tonight. I always look forward to weight day!!
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • kels136
    kels136 Posts: 55
    Options
    I cannot even begin to explain how much I love NROLFW! I only started last week and I already feel stronger and better. I had no idea my body was capable of lifting what I've been lifting. I've already upped in weights 3 times in each category with weights and have finally began challenging myself physically and mentally. I am loving every second of it. I felt like a badass in the gym today with my big dumbells doing step ups on a flat bench! I cannot wait to see the changes the occur during the length of this program!

Go you!! I am currenly doing 30 day shred and wanted to start doing something a bit harder once I have completed it. I workout at home and was wondering if you can do NROLFW at home and what equipment I would need to do that?
  • dlf820
    dlf820 Posts: 20
    Options

Go you!! I am currenly doing 30 day shred and wanted to start doing something a bit harder once I have completed it. I workout at home and was wondering if you can do NROLFW at home and what equipment I would need to do that?

Thank you for asking this question!! I am also doing 30 Day Shred and was thinking about starting the NROLFW, but I workout at home. Hope someone responds to let us know!!
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    In my opinion it would be hard to do at home, unless you have the necessary weights, bars, and a workout ball. It can be done definitely, but I think the gym experience would be better.
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    Well Congratulations !!! You have a right to be excited !!! Thanks for sharing...(smiling )
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I do it at home, but my husband has 90% of the stuff we need here at home.

We just need to get more plate weights, more dumbbells, and he would love it if we got a lat machine. (so would I though)

I have had to modify some, but has been well worth it. We are however looking into joining the YMCA so that might help me out more.
  • dlf820
    dlf820 Posts: 20
    Options
    In my opinion it would be hard to do at home, unless you have the necessary weights, bars, and a workout ball. It can be done definitely, but I think the gym experience would be better.

Bummer :( I need to find a good at home program....everyone seems to love lifting!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to read this!!! I know you were struggling for awhile and I'm so glad you've found something that you love to do!!!
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    I'm so happy to read this!!! I know you were struggling for awhile and I'm so glad you've found something that you love to do!!!

Thanks!!!! :) And, I am so sore today in places I didn't know I could be sore. My lower lower abs are killing me and we don't really do "ab" specific workouts with it, since they say total body gets it all. Maybe it was those prone jackknives though?
  • crystalwelshroberts
    crystalwelshroberts Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    It is totally the jackknives that get your abs! I love it :)

There are several people who do the workouts at home with modifications. Here is a string that discusses a list of equipment used to help you decide:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/575034-working-out-at-home-equipment
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    It is totally the jackknives that get your abs! I love it :)

There are several people who do the workouts at home with modifications. Here is a string that discusses a list of equipment used to help you decide:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/575034-working-out-at-home-equipment

When I first started doing them, I didn't think they were doing much. I guess they are!
  • elly1979
    elly1979 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I do mine from home.

I have an adjustable Dumbbell set (nearly maxed out) that uses kilograms, so it's easier to increment.

I modified the workout to not use barbell for now. I use a swiss ball in place of a bench...I figure maybe it helps my core, too ;)

Not the best, but I didn't want lack of equipment to delay me. Think I'll get a barbell next week.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    YAY..
    I love NROLFW..

Tomorrow is my last workout of Stage 1 (AMRAPS for workout B)

Im so much stronger than when i started! :)

cant wait to move on to the next stages.
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    i'm a few weeks into Stronglifts and i feel the same way. i'm soooo excited and giddy about not the just physical changes, but the mental ones also!! i totally feel like a badass the rest of the day after a session at the gym. can't wait for my next lifting day! yay!!!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options

Thanks!!!! :) And, I am so sore today in places I didn't know I could be sore. My lower lower abs are killing me and we don't really do "ab" specific workouts with it, since they say total body gets it all. Maybe it was those prone jackknives though?

You girls are gettin' me PUMPED!!! I can't wait to start on Monday!!
    I got an intro yesterday with free training session and I could do all of it including those jackknives!!!

Sooooo want to be a BADASS........