Fat loss

Options
percxa
percxa Posts: 16 Member
I've seen the stories in the report and on the website. Does anyone here have any real life examples that what SL can really do?

Some background, I'm 39 turning 40 in Aug. 5'9"ish, 231#. I just lost 30# using the newer Atkins diet with no real exercise. I've hit a plateau at my -30# mark and I was interested in following SL. I want to get stronger, but I also want to lose inches. I'm currently in a loose 40" jean, down from a tight 42" just with the diet. My goal was under 200# and down to a 36" jean again. Really, I don't care about the "weight" just losing the inches.

Replies

• DaveRCF
    DaveRCF Posts: 266
    Options
    Great for body recomposition. You will definitely lose in the waist.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    At your size, you shouldn't have any problems losing both
  • percxa
    percxa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Other thing that worries me is eating as much as it says I should. Right now I'm not that hungry and eating 1450'ish a day. Which is what MFP says I should do. I've up'd my calories in MFP and spread it out into 6 meals to see how its going to work out and get ready. I plan on starting 5x5 next week.
  • DaveRCF
    DaveRCF Posts: 266
    Options
    I understand your concerns about upping your calories. You just have to play around a little bit to get the right intake. Your appetite will definitely increase as you put weight on the bar and start to challenge yourself. But 1,450 a day ain't gonna cut it, especially if you want to hit your target protein intake of 1gm/lb of body weight.

As an aside, I have found that as I've gained a bit of muscle I am not that concerned with having the fat over the muscle. Some people like ot have very well defined muscles which requires low BF% but is not realistic for many of us. With more muscle under the fat, the fat won't seem as big a deal.