Wanting to have gastric bypass done..

Options
destanicheri
destanicheri Posts: 297 Member
I have lost 80 lbs..then gained back a few pounds last week, have another weigh in tomorrow and praying for a loss..I am scared but I know it's the best thing for me because I have been struggling my entire life with my weight.. I would love to become friends with others who are thinking about having it done or have had it done to just talk 2...:flowerforyou:

Replies

• tessanne10
    tessanne10 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 3 months post op for Gastric Bypass and it has been the best decision I ever made! I am now on only two medications and other health issues have gradually been clearing up. Since I started this journey, they have figured that I have lost 80 lbs over all.
    It is definitely scary to think about having it done, but weigh all possible health issues you may have now, against how it would improve those issues.
    I am a type 2 diabetic and I am off all medications and test my blood sugars maybe two to three times a week. I even got rid of the doctor I was seeing for this, because my primary can now check my A1C levels.
    I am walking better and definitely feel alot better than I did before surgery.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 4 weeks ish post op for the RNY. (had it done May 15th). Welcome to the group and feel free to friend. I keep an accurate food diary but don't keep accurate track of water. This is a great place to get help and support.
  • Susann1963
    Susann1963 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Today is 4 months since my bypass surgery. I am a new woman! happy, confident, IN CONTROL!! I feel fabulous! Best decision I ever made! :happy:
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I am about 2.5 months post op from gastric bypass (RNY). Best decision I ever made! I would do it again tomorrow!
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I am two weeks from LapBand surgery. I am excited as I am a professional dieter - and I have decided to become healthier. I am sure that in 4 weeks I will also be saying it was the best thing I have every done and should have done it sooner... Good Luck..
  • linguist98
    linguist98 Posts: 83
    Options
    ...DO I MISS STUFF?..YES...I MISS MY VICODIN...I MISS MY INSULIN...I MISS PRICKING MYSELF 3 AND 4 TIMES A DAY.. I MISS MY CPAP... I MISS MY MAN BOOBS... I MISS THAT LITTLE BEAD OF SWEAT YOU GET JUST BY SITTING IN A RIOOM WITH NO FAN ON.. I MISS THE GROANS WHEN I WENT TO PICK SOMETHING UP OUT OF THE FLOOR.. I MISS THE SIZE 48 PANTS...I MISS HAVING SOMEPLACE RIGHT UNDER MY SET OF CHINS TO SET MY PLATE WHEN I SIT IN ON THE COUCH TO EAT...I MISS LOOKS I WOULD GET FROM WALKING INTO A PIZZA BUFFET.. I MISS MY CARDIOLOGIST... I MISS MY ENDOCRINOLOGIST..I MISS STRUGGLING TO WIPE MY *kitten*....I MISS .. IMISS .. I MISS....

BY THE WAY BAZINGA!

BEST THING I EVER DID! NO REGRETS
  • destanicheri
    Options
    Thank you for replying everyone..I chickened out the first time around, and this time I was getting cold feet again but I know in my heart it's the best thing for me, I have a lot of leg problems,and I just want to feel better all around (inside and out!) pretty healthy considering I am obese( I hate that word by the way!)
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    ...DO I MISS STUFF?..YES...I MISS MY VICODIN...I MISS MY INSULIN...I MISS PRICKING MYSELF 3 AND 4 TIMES A DAY.. I MISS MY CPAP... I MISS MY MAN BOOBS... I MISS THAT LITTLE BEAD OF SWEAT YOU GET JUST BY SITTING IN A RIOOM WITH NO FAN ON.. I MISS THE GROANS WHEN I WENT TO PICK SOMETHING UP OUT OF THE FLOOR.. I MISS THE SIZE 48 PANTS...I MISS HAVING SOMEPLACE RIGHT UNDER MY SET OF CHINS TO SET MY PLATE WHEN I SIT IN ON THE COUCH TO EAT...I MISS LOOKS I WOULD GET FROM WALKING INTO A PIZZA BUFFET.. I MISS MY CARDIOLOGIST... I MISS MY ENDOCRINOLOGIST..I MISS STRUGGLING TO WIPE MY *kitten*....I MISS .. IMISS .. I MISS....

BY THE WAY BAZINGA!

BEST THING I EVER DID! NO REGRETS

okay am I the only one wondering if this guy is for real? this is the third thread he has posted in recently where he has just cut and paste the same response whether it answered the original posters question or not.
  • gsbanks1
    gsbanks1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of getting the surgery approved through my insurance. Please feel free to add me :)
  • destanicheri
    Options
    I weigh in every Thursday so today was weigh in day..I lost 9.6 lbs this week and I am ecstatic! I have been down about some stuff that's happened in my life and was really worried because of the stress it might mean I have a gain...again as I did last week of 3 lbs..which was devastating! I have now lost a total of 86.6 lbs since I began here on MFP! I have a lot more to go but I know I WILL do it! Thanks for the encouragement everyone! Please feel free to add me, I can never have 2 many friends! :flowerforyou:
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    Hi! I had my RNY 11/21/11! It has changed me in so many ways! I am so happy I did it! I have a nuerological disorder and it is even helping with it :-) I started out in a size 24 and 6 months later I am in a size 8! :-) I'm so happy and excited and feel so much better! Good luck to you!