So after 18w is what? (jeans sizing)

Options
Mirdir
Mirdir Posts: 39 Member
I'm an 18w/20W and an 18w in most, but 18W is the smallest size they go in the women's section I've seen some brands go down to 16w but not in a brand that would fit me well. So what exactly is next after an 18W? A regular 18 or the regular 16? I know Torrid and Catherine go down to like a 12W but I'm very much an apple and their jeans leave a lot of extra room in the hips and are just not flattering on me at all so I have to stay away from stores that specifically cater to plus sized women so I guess I'm going to be kicked out of the womens sections before I'm emotionally ready :( I know Old Navy's sizes are very straight forward but It's quite a drive to the nearest store so I can't get out there too often.

Replies

• CleanKim
    CleanKim Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What about Lane Bryant?
  • Mirdir
    Mirdir Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What about Lane Bryant?
    Too rich for my blood xD
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I would just try several sizes from oldnavy.com until I figured out the right one. A regular 18 will be closer in size to a 18W than a regular 16 would, so if you are shopping in a store that has regular size 18 and 16, try them both on and decide. You can take your measurements and figure out your Old Navy size fairly easily and then order few things in different sizes and exchange the ones that don't work. Old Navy works also works well for an apple shape. Maybe you can makeone trip out there just to find out your size and then order online in the future. Good luck!