eating calories burned in workouts

Options
I am 5´7" and have 123 lbs. I made my calorie intake 1450, and it was 1100-1200 before. So I guess that is good.
I work out everyday and eat the 1450 calories every day. My question is the following. After a workout I have around 400 calories more in the remaining section. Am I supposed to eat the 400 extra calories I burned, because I never do xD Im afraid im gonna weigh more the next day. But I thought the same when I had to upper my calorie intake, and it turned out not to be true :)
Thank youuu!

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome

where to start....I think first of all you should run your numbers, to see where your BMR and TDEE are

People here do either the reset and eat TDEE (like me, that's 2400kcal) or they are eating the cut value of TDEE-15% to lose weight.
    For eating calories back. usually you don't do, cause it is considered in your TDEE. Only time you do eat some of them back, is if you do not net your BMR., meaning, if you burn so much, that you wiould net below the BMR.
    You must never eat below your BMR or you will put your body in starvation mode and your metabolism will suffer.

So, if you eat 1400kcal and you burn 400 and don't eat them back you are netting only 1000kcal which is way to less.

Happy eating :)
  • minnie_monroe
    Options
    okey thank you. How much do you suggest I eat then? :)
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    okey thank you. How much do you suggest I eat then? :)
    Well that depends on your TDEE and your BMR as well as your activity level

I am 5'7" and weigh 144 pounds and I am very active, so I eat 2400kcal for my TDEE. I am doing the reset for 8 weeks.

If you have been on a low cal diet for a long time you should consider doing this as well. Yes, chances are, that you will gain a bit in the beginning, but your body needs fuel in order to run properly and to build muscle (esp. protein).

If you have not been on low cals you can go into your cut straight away-TDEE-15%, which is 2000kcal for me.
  • minnie_monroe
    Options
    okey, well my BMR is 1389, and TDEE is 2397, and my activity level is pretty high, considering I work out 6 days a week, and drive a bycicle as well as walk my dog on a regular basis. And Im not sure if I know what TDEE-15% actually mean. Im supposed to eat that much or?