every calculator is different What calculationsdo you use

Options
TonyaBtrfly
TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
I have been on mfp for 12 days im new to this counting calories. I need to lose at least 50 lbs. I was following the suggested 1200 a day intake and just about starved!! So i started looking around this website for advice and found this group. which is wonderful by the way. But i am totally confused by all the different calculators. I cant get the same answer twice! I'm also looking for fiends :)
I'm 41 5'1 177lbs female. I've been doing 1600 calories starting yesterday based on my bmr from MFP 1401 but now im not sure how accurate this is. Any advise is appreciated! Thanks in advance oh and friend me ! lol

Replies

• jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    Hi & well done for finding this group so early in your weightloss journey!!

A lot of people on here use the scooby calculator ( see the stickies! ) another popular one & the one I like is fat2fit radio, this gives you a calorie allowance based on your 'goal' weight.

Best thing is to pick one & stick with it! All the different numbers so stressed me out. If you go with fat2fit I can give you some more help.

Friend request sent : )
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hi & well done for finding this group so early in your weightloss journey!!

A lot of people on here use the scooby calculator ( see the stickies! ) another popular one & the one I like is fat2fit radio, this gives you a calorie allowance based on your 'goal' weight.

Best thing is to pick one & stick with it! All the different numbers so stressed me out. If you go with fat2fit I can give you some more help.

Friend request sent : )

^^ Agree! Both calculators are great and, for me, they came out pretty close. Welcome!
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I personally use the Scooby calculator.