Holiday 6 weeks away

Options
goldengirl28
goldengirl28 Posts: 130 Member
So i've been on MFP for 50days so far and my reason for joining was to lose 20lbs for my holidays on the 23rd July. I REALLY still want to try to hit that target

I have lost 9lbs so far, (5lb of them eating more.............which took 20 days to get off)

What should i do, i'm really tempted to eat less (about 1500), to get the 11lbs off and to focus on EMTLW when i get back off my hols to get another 20lbs off.

what do you guys think

I really need to do something as i'll have a miserable holiday if i don't lose something more. (I know because i had a miserable holiday last year, due to my extra weight)

Replies

• saral8981
    saral8981 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    So i've been on MFP for 50days so far and my reason for joining was to lose 20lbs for my holidays on the 23rd July. I REALLY still want to try to hit that target

I have lost 9lbs so far, (5lb of them eating more.............which took 20 days to get off)

What should i do, i'm really tempted to eat less (about 1500), to get the 11lbs off and to focus on EMTLW when i get back off my hols to get another 20lbs off.

what do you guys think

I really need to do something as i'll have a miserable holiday if i don't lose something more. (I know because i had a miserable holiday last year, due to my extra weight)

First off congratualtions on losing 9 pounds!!! thats wonderful!!! a few questions tho.. if you eat 1500 cals a day would that be less than your BMR? you should never eat less than BMR.
  • goldengirl28
    Options
    First off congratualtions on losing 9 pounds!!! thats wonderful!!! a few questions tho.. if you eat 1500 cals a day would that be less than your BMR? you should never eat less than BMR.
    [/quote]

Hiya,
    Thanks for your support & responce, its appreciated
    my numbers are below
    BMR: 1706
    TDEE: 2345
    CUT: 1876 (averaging about 1800 per day)

i SO want to get some more off, and i'm worried that i'll just keep losing and regaining the same 3lbs for the next 5 weeks (Its what i've done for the last 2 weeks)
  • goldengirl28
    Options
    Bump to see if anyone had any suggestions ..........thanks
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Not sure anyone here is going to advocate dropping calories that low.
    If you lost 5 pounds in the last 20 days, then in 6 more weeks, you would lose close to another 10 pounds if your loss follows a similar pattern, putting you at 19 total.
    If you drop your calories super low again, then any extra calories you take in on vacation will most likely be stored as fat and you will be back to the vicious cycle.
    There are no quick fixes in weight loss, unfortunately.
  • goldengirl28
    Options
    Thanks for the responce, i think i'm just having a major panic..............again.

My Weight loss journey started when i realised that i had to sit down for 11 hours on a plane and my bra digs in so tight to my extra belly fat i knew i needed to do something about it, i'm no nearer forward and my sitting for any length of time is still a nightmare, so a miserable flight is coming along in 5 weeks time.....boohoo. (PS: wearing a bigger bra doesn't work, because i've already done that and it only hurts when i sit down and the belly fat pushes upwards)

I really want to do this and can see myself happily moving slowly down in lbs once i've got back from my holidays as i can kinda do it at my own pace, with no stress of a holiday looming.

its just what to do for the next 5 weeks that will get me the best results possible wihtout breaking the EMTWL regime
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Ouch! I carry most of my weight in my chest/belly too so I feel for you. Is there exercise included in your plan/TDEE? That will make you feel much better if you stick to it for the 6 weeks. Focus on quality protein, watch that your sodium isn't too high and keep drinking your water.
    As for the bra, there has to be another option. Maybe a sports bra or something more comfortable. Wait to see where you are at in another month though, hard to tell where the weight will come off, it may be just enough off your belly to make a difference.
    I personally would not mess with a good thing if I was losing 5 pounds in 3 weeks, I would find a way to tolerate the plane trip so I don't mess up my nice losses!
    I started my journey for a trip too, a year and a half ago and went about everything the wrong way and here I am STUCK about 20-25 pounds from goal and having to reset my metabolism.