Breakfast?

Options
NJGmywholewrld
NJGmywholewrld Posts: 123 Member
I am pretty good at controlling carbs when it comes to every other meal but breakfast. I get tired of the usual eggs and breakfast meats, so I find myself skipping breakfast at times....Which I know is not good at all. What are some things that I can eat at breakfast besides the usual eggs and sausage?

Replies

• hjackson1226
    hjackson1226 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Think non-traditional breakfast foods. It is not rare for me to have turkey, chicken, venison or any other meat with cheese, pickles, cottage cheese or roasted/sauteed veggies. I have even used a low-carb/high fiber wrap to make a fajita/burrito with chicken, multi-color bell peppers some cheese, hot sauce and greek yogurt (instead of sour cream). YUM!
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Think non-traditional breakfast foods. It is not rare for me to have turkey, chicken, venison or any other meat with cheese, pickles, cottage cheese or roasted/sauteed veggies. I have even used a low-carb/high fiber wrap to make a fajita/burrito with chicken, multi-color bell peppers some cheese, hot sauce and greek yogurt (instead of sour cream). YUM!

This. I've even made tuna salad for breakfast, since that was what I was craving, lol. This morning I had macadamia nuts for breakfast!

And, it's not always bad to skip breakfast, if you're truely not hungry.
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I've started eating 1 avocado, mashed up with almond milk and Splenda. Tastes like custard and 0 saturated fat! You could also add some ginger for a slight kick.

Another thing I've done is make chocolate Revolution Rolls (link below) and then put 2 tbs of peanut butter on top for "peanut butter toast." Could also add some berries and Splenda to make it more like PB&J.

Before this I was eating 2 mozzarella sticks in the morning. Then I started counting sodium so I switched to 2 oz of swiss cheese. Then I started counting saturated fat so I switched to the avocado.

Revolution Rolls:
    http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lowcarb-recipe-help-suggestions/549082-original-atkins-diet-revolution-roll-tweaks.html
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Try mixing it up - eggs are a good foundation, but you dont' have to eat them teh same way - try the egg baked into a bell pepper, little strata-style muffins with spinach or zuchinni (think crustless quiche), try mixing it up with omelettes - different meat/veg/cheese combos. Of course leftovers for breakfast are good too :)