The Ultimate Tool To Help Stick With Your Diet?

Options
gadzukks
gadzukks Posts: 28 Member
No this isn’t some new miracle breakthrough pill, supplement or anything like that. And no it’s not a shock collar to give you a little zap every time you pick up a piece of chocolate (although this could be effective…hmm?). But seriously, what I’m about to reveal to you could literally increase your likelihood for sticking with a supportive nutrition diet two fold.

What do you think is the number one culprit behind people struggling to stick with their diet? Now before you answer this let me clarify that when I speak of “diet,” I’m not referring to some ultra-low calorie restriction. In that case the culprit would be simple…it would be hunger!

When I say “diet” I’m referring to a supportive nutrition diet that’s used in conjunction with a fitness routine to support lean muscle development and body fat loss. Not starving yourself but rather eating whole foods that are nutrient dense and support the body at a cellular level.

You know what I’m talking about…ditching the donuts and garbage from the vending machine or fast food joint and switching to more of a Primal Blueprint type diet.

The number one culprit that derails people from maintaining supportive dietary habits can be summed up in one word…

PREPARATION!

If there’s one thing you can do that will have the most impact on success with dietary changes it’s preparing your meals and snacks ahead of time. I know this sounds simplistic, but it’s the gospel truth. In all my years as a fitness coach and consultant I can say without a doubt that preparation really does make all the difference in the world.

For as long as I can remember I’ve always packed a cooler to take to work. I started this habit years ago to take my mid-morning and mid-afternoon protein shakes with me. It was just as important as my briefcase, I wouldn’t leave the house without it.

Over the years I’ve gone through dozens of coolers. Some we’re too big, others too small, the cheap ones didn’t keep the contents cold for very long, etc. In short, I’ve made it work but never really found a cooler that I loved.

That is until now!

I recently came across a cooler bag by way of a recommendation from a fellow fitness professional that I believe is the “mac-daddy” of all coolers for carrying meals and snacks.

It’s called a “6 Pack Bag” and is made by the company Isolator Fitness. This bag is specifically designed to carry meal containers, shakes, water bottles, and even contains a supplement tray. Not only is this the most compact and efficient cooler bag I’ve ever used, but the design keeps the contents cold for up to a day and a half!

There are two versions of this cooler, one carries (5) meal containers and the other carries (3) meal containers. My preference is with the smaller bag that carries three meal containers. This is plenty big enough to carry meals and snacks for the day along with protein shakes and water bottles. The larger bag could be used for camping trips, etc, with the family or for bodybuilders who simply consume way more food than the average individual.

It’s a little more expensive than a traditional bag cooler, but it’s worth every penny! Take it from me, someone who’s gone through dozens of coolers over the years. This is the BEST bag cooler I’ve ever come across.

When you think about what a cooler like this allows you to do, the cost is a relative factor. Heck, the savings of packing your own meals and snacks compared to eating out every day alone makes it worth it.

More importantly it’s what this cooler helps you to do…stick with a supportive nutrition diet. If you struggle getting in high quality meals and snacks during the work week, this could be one of the best investments you’d ever make.

What gets planned gets done. If you leave your meal and snack options to chance, poor choices are likely to follow. Getting the body you want requires habits and routines that support the end goal. It’s not about being perfect all the time, but rather doing the little things over and over.

I’ve preached for years, and will continue doing so, that diet is 80% or more of the equation with a body transformation. You can’t “out exercise” a bad diet plain and simple. Put in the right fuel and the right nutrients and your body will respond in favor accordingly.

I highly recommend you check out this bag cooler if you’re serious about making a commitment to change your shape.

I’ve included a link to Amazon.com where you can order this cooler. Order here.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00466IF10/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=shapiconce-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00466IF10

I hope you’ve found this coaching tip to be helpful and informative. When I come across things like this I’ll continue to pass along. Until next time…

Shane Doll is a certified Charleston personal trainer, fat loss expert, speaker, and founder of Shaping Concepts Personal Training Studios. He specializes in helping people achieve a body transformation with burst training exercise and whole food nutrition. You can receive a FREE no-obligations trial of his Charleston personal fitness programs and start experiencing the Shaping Concepts difference today.