Random bloating

bradthemedic
bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
So I woke up this morning to my stomach and sides being 3x larger than normal and my clothes no longer fitting. This is after 40 days of em2wl so I don't know what's happening.
I've been moving this week so my only exercise has been 40 minutes brisk walking to work and back daily. Could that be it? I am maintaining my tdee-15% cal goal from before but that shouldnt have an effect 5 days in should it?

Sincerely,
Extremely upset guy

Replies

• nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Brad you had an awful lot of salt yesterday. Drink a crap load of water today....maybe even drink some coffee or tea.......eat some celery......hot water with lemon juice in it. Sounds like you are seriously retaining water..........PLUS I found out the hard way that anything that has MSG in it makes the bloating double bad.
  • bradthemedic
    One of the items in my diary wasn't accurate and was way over on sodium but it's the closest I could get
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Still....flush...as much as you can today! You'll probably get more miserable before you start feeling better, but once you've opened the flood gates, all the water will come off. I'd start with the diuretic items first like the coffee, tea, hot water with lemon.....then just drink a crap load of water.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    if you were a lady I'd give ya the TOM excuse... but no luck there...

-(without looking at your diary) excess carbs from any form (veg, fruit, bread) can cause water retention because of the glycogen storage
    -sodium of course
    -dehydration
    -muscles full of water for repair? though I suppose that "feels" different than what you're describing...
    -I know for me if I'm having digestion troubles I get bloated. This could include wheat/gluten products and especially DAIRY. I eat an ice cream and I look preggo. My GI system just doesnt appreciate it. Maybe you've got triggers like that too that you're just unaware of.
    -although it's not regularly discussed, hormones could play a role for you too. obviously the ladies are worse off in that department but it must be true for men as well (but who knows what causes it).

drink up lots of water, maybe watch your carb intake, and watch the sodium. I'd cut out dairy to see if that helps- apparently a large percentage of the world is, to some degree, lactose-intolerant, which can cause bloating/gas for some (along with all those other wonderful things like nausea, diarrhea, oh joy)

hope youre feeling slimmer soon :)
  • bradthemedic
    Will do thank you. I'm miserable today as a result of this :/
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Brad did I read in another thread that you suffer from IBS? If so, do you think you could have eaten something that has triggered it? I know that when I bloat from IBS none of my clothes fit me and I look like I have a football under my top!

Apologies if I'm mistaken.
  • bradthemedic
    Funny you bring that up... You just solved it.

I ate someone's leftover pizza yesterday and completely forgot to log it since I ate it randomly... Now looking back that's what it was. I had beef and dairy... Both huge trigger foods

Thanks!!
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    i second the comment about sodium. i found that if i have more than 3000mg of sodium a day, i feel AWFUL and HUGEEEE for a day, and sometimes two.

hopefully it goes away soon!