Let's have some laughs - Benefits of being single

Options

Replies

• BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    Being able to satisfy oneself in bed without having a second person think that is an invitation/requirement to include them. Was that nicely phrased? LOL

phrasing was fine but i think you should consider this in the future...everyone loves some teamwork, if he (or she if that's your thing) can't finish the job just keep going after he/she is done, problem solved! he gets what he wants, your arm gets a break, it's win-win :laugh:
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Being able to satisfy oneself in bed without having a second person think that is an invitation/requirement to include them. Was that nicely phrased? LOL

phrasing was fine but i think you should consider this in the future...everyone loves some teamwork, if he (or she if that's your thing) can't finish the job just keep going after he/she is done, problem solved! he gets what he wants, your arm gets a break, it's win-win :laugh:

Maybe I am not a team player? Or maybe the other member of the team made me prefer the company of myself? If its not pleasurable, don't I have a responsibility to myself to make it so? Doesn't mean I want it this way forever LOL
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options

Maybe I am not a team player? Or maybe the other member of the team made me prefer the company of myself? If its not pleasurable, don't I have a responsibility to myself to make it so? Doesn't mean I want it this way forever LOL

yep, i can understand from your perspective, i however love me some vagina :laugh: even if you just lay there and do nothing it still beats beating myself, guess i'm just a team player :laugh: that and i guess i just have never been with someone who didn't prefer being co-dependant in that area :wink:
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    No stupid arguments over dumb stuff.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    No more migraines!
  • brittanykira
    brittanykira Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    1. Don't have to justify my purchases.
    2. Free to go where I want instead of asking if they want to go or if it is okay.
    3. Whole bed is mine so can sleep however I want!
    4. Cheaper Christmas gift shopping: just my family instead of 2 families!
    5. Don't have to shave legs as often! haha
    6. Able to focus on my weight without the "Aren't you going to eat some Real food?" comments.
  • Lollipopslady
    Lollipopslady Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can keep a bottle of wine in the house and it wil be there if I choose to leave it on the shelf for months.
    I decorate the house like I want.
    I can have company over and not get the evil eye...lol
    I can go to the store and still find money in my purse.
    I can get in the piggy bank and still find money.
    I can enjoy just relaxing and reading a book!
    I come and go as I want!

Single is awesome! I have found out how much I love me!!...lol
  • tisonc
    tisonc Posts: 58
    Options
    I get my Thermapedic Bed all to MYSELF!! (well when the kids are not sleeping in it grrr)
    I can come and go as I please
    I can WATCH Football and Sports Center whenever I want no fighting for the remote
    I can play MY music
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I can sleep nekkid without getting jumped..... wait. That sucks..... :grumble:

Ok, starting over....I can eat a pint of Ben & Jerry's without worrying that he thinks I'm a pig. :bigsmile:
  • Tracepa98
    Options
    I can go shopping or out with friends after work without worrying about not being home to make him dinner
    Dont have to smell burnt coffee through the apartment anymore.
    Dont have to hear him grind his teeth at night
    Dont have to hear his alarm going off at 4:30am

I can spend my weekends freely without being drug to a car show or hang out with him at the car wash.
    I can sleep late and not be expected to cook him breakfast.
    I dont have to listen to hip-hop and rap music anymore.
    I dont have to listen to the many stories of how Brooklyn is so great and how much he misses it.
    I dont have to be a human dictionary when he needs to spell something. (hated that!!)
    I dont have to worry about viruses or car crap on my computer

Its been almost 4 years now and Im loving my new freedoms. True, sex is missed and cuddling here and there...but the pro's of being single definitely outweigh the cons. Woohoo!
  • ednaflores619
    ednaflores619 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Not having to pretend I am interested in what the other person is talking about.
    Not having to be considerate of someone else if I want to make plans with my friends.
    Being able to go out on Ladies' Nights without anyone think I am on the hunt.
    NOT SHAVING SO FREQUENTLY is a big one for me :)
    Being able to take trips wherever and whenever I want when money is not an issue.
    Not brushing my hair and staying in pj's all day on ocassion.
    No pretending to like their friends and family. hahaha
    Having a mess and not stress about cleaning it before someone gets home. I clean it when I want.
  • tcmulli
    Options
    I can go to the beach whenever I like.....
    On the for real flipside, it sux being single.LOL
  • Scottish_Lass
    Options

Ok, starting over....I can eat a pint of Ben & Jerry's without worrying that he thinks I'm a pig. :bigsmile:

Awww, man, now I want Ben and Jerry's.

I like everything in the house being the way I left it when I come home. Oh and being able to sleep like a starfish :D
  • Green_eyed_beauty
    Green_eyed_beauty Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I can just plain do whatever I want -- OR --- not do anything at all!! No one to appease - No one to "answer" to - no one to feel guilty about. Can talk to who I want, when I want with no interuptions. Go out with the girls and drink if I want!!

I can learn who I want to be and what I really ultimately want to do with my life.

Sleep how/when I want, eat what I want/when, not have to buy pop / junk food for someone to drink when water & healthy stuff is all I want. Work out at home with no comments about doing something "wrong"... no expecting someone to be responsible for things and then them NOT! No comments about how pretty another girl is or how much my *kitten* jiggles compared to "that-girl-over-there".

Even when I found a guy who seemed to want to give me the world, I am just not ready!

Too many pretty boys to kiss & hug still!! LMAO!!!
  • woodsy0912
    Options
    My cat has much more room in my bed!
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    This is going to be a LONG post haha...

- no longer responsible for the emotional well-being of another adult
    - I don't have to fight over money
    - My hair is growing back
    - he's no longer sabatoging my attempts to finish my degree
    - no more of dealing with his insane parents or pothead friends
    - i get credit for everything the kids do no matter how much he brags, everyone knows he never sees them
    - i don't have to share the kids
    - i don't have to walk on eggshells and worry about setting him off
    - i go to bed when the hell i want to without a guilt trip
    - i can co-sleep with my kids without his *****ing
    - I am no longer forced to watch animes I HATE (I don't hate all, but for God's sake you're 30-something, watch something else)
    - I don't have to look at that ridiculous heartagram tattoo on his wrist
    - I laugh every time I think about the fact that he has my name on his arm
    - He can no longer continue to ruin my credit report
    - his farts
    - his nasty feet
    - quiet time that I can never get enough of
    - I'm not requried to cuddle
    - I hate being touched
    - Why yes, I AM going to wear this out in public.
    - no chance of being cheated on
    - no one hacking my phone
    - no one looking over my shoulder all the time
    - no one to overdraw my bank account every month

I am never getting into another relationship ever again. I'm going to be the old cat lady, every neighborhood needs one.
  • sibrinaatha7
    Options
    Hi, everyone, I'm new to the group && sort of new to MFP. Here is my list of benefits of being single.

• To not be in a meaningless relationship
    • To not be in a roller coaster relationship
    • To not be celebrating affections with someone who won’t be with me 6 months to a year later.
    • To not have the drama that relationships have these days (worrying about lies and being deceived, being cheated on, falling “out of love” if that was ever such a thing! LOL Because if you are in love, love never dies. Isn’t so sickly funny how many people say they are in love but then 6 months, even a year or years later on they aren’t together? Oh, but I thought you said you were in love?
    • I am able to do WHAT I want, WHEN I want, && HOWever I want without asking the other what they think.
    • Thankful to not be in a relationship with any idiots, psychos, or freaks.
    • Don’t have to worry if my partner will be “hot or cold” the next day, in other words if our relationship will be great or on the rocks from day to day.
    • Don’t have to worry if someone is pretending to be someone that they’re not to fool me.
    • I don’t need to check in with anyone.
    • Don’t need to deal with paranoia of if I’m doing something wrong or if the other is doing something wrong.
    • I’M NOT SCARED TO BE SINGLE! Some people stay or are always seeking relationships because they are afraid to be alone. Thankful that I have not settled!
    • I don’t have to worry about meeting anyone’s family and dealing with awkward first impressions.
    • Thankful to be single so that I won’t be suffering damaged relationships and gaining enemies or broken friendships.
    • Don’t have to worry if a significant other and my family gets along and vice versa.
    • I don’t have to feel expected to do or act certain ways/things.
    • Don’t have to suffer days waiting by the phone wondering if something is wrong when they don’t call.
    • I can travel whenever and wherever without the other person being upset and possibly getting in the way.
    • Don’t have to worry about the other becoming jealous of me talking to people that they feel inferior about.
    • Don’t have to feel obligated to do this or that when I really don’t want to.
    • Don’t have to deal with someone saying I shouldn’t do something or getting involved with someone who could be controlling.
  • nicolajblair
    Options
    It's just great to be free, no trappings or mind games. Discovering who you are again after a bad relationship seems to be vrey liberating.
    Oh, and I have discovered that starfish shaped in bed is the way to be - happy days.. :smile:
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Eating what I want, when I want
    Flirting with a cute guy and not feeling bad about it
    Not having to shave my legs
    Not feeling like I have to explain myself
    Not worrying what he is up to

That being said... I hate being single. I love having a partner and all that we can offer each other. :)
  • wykyd
    wykyd Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    LOVE this!!!