Just plain terrible at sticking to a diet plan

ok I know this sounds stupidly lame when you are all doing so well at dropping huge amounts of weight so I'm almost embarrassed to post but...

I only have a few vanity pounds to lose so this is ridiculous
I know I have previously had lots of spike days so never really managed low cal dieting hence it has never been successful. For this reason I choose to set my cut to 10% and since I've never stuck to a vlc diet I didn't do reset.
I try and eat clean most of the time and allow myself small treats and generally hit my macros....

Soooooo Why o why o why can I not stick to my cut for more than 3 days in a row.

My TDEE is 2060
My cut is 1850
My activity level is moderate. I walk alot to n from train station n in city between visits at work but no more than 1.5 hrs a day max I'm sure. I generally work out 3-4 times a week Netball, step class, walk n only just started to lift.

I was trying not to weigh for a month so don't know if my weight has altered but due to my repeated spike/ TDEE days I doubt it.
Just sooooooo fed up with myself and feel really silly for not being able to manage my hunger like everyone else seems to.

Kick up the bum/ ideas/ anyone the same/ ideas all super welcome :-)

Replies

• nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Are you sure you haven't underestimated your activity level? Just the walking from the train station seems to put you in the moderate range, but you are doing more on top of that.
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Hey friend, I'm sure you saw my freak out post this week and I can relate. I was getting hungry after eating at tdee for 1 week, couldn't go back to my cut(there was only about 200 cal diff). Well if I did I would have been going against everything I believe is right with eating this way. Also I would be going against any advice I'd give someone else. I haven't really got much to go either more bodycomp now for me.

So the way I look at my number now is......2300 is tdee for moderate for BUT it is the same as 10%cut at active. So I'm sticking to it for 4 weeks and then measure up and see what the results bring.

I'm using katch mcardle so the numbers are up a bit more than scooby, I use the katch part of scooby though. It's inline with fat2fit too.

Jump in with me and eat at tdee......I'm totally here for you.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    ok I know this sounds stupidly lame when you are all doing so well at dropping huge amounts of weight so I'm almost embarrassed to post but...

I only have a few vanity pounds to lose so this is ridiculous
    I know I have previously had lots of spike days so never really managed low cal dieting hence it has never been successful. For this reason I choose to set my cut to 10% and since I've never stuck to a vlc diet I didn't do reset.
    I try and eat clean most of the time and allow myself small treats and generally hit my macros....

Soooooo Why o why o why can I not stick to my cut for more than 3 days in a row.

My TDEE is 2060
    My cut is 1850
    My activity level is moderate. I walk alot to n from train station n in city between visits at work but no more than 1.5 hrs a day max I'm sure. I generally work out 3-4 times a week Netball, step class, walk n only just started to lift.

I was trying not to weigh for a month so don't know if my weight has altered but due to my repeated spike/ TDEE days I doubt it.
    Just sooooooo fed up with myself and feel really silly for not being able to manage my hunger like everyone else seems to.

Kick up the bum/ ideas/ anyone the same/ ideas all super welcome :-)

Are you calories clumped into 3 meals during the day? Have you though about spacing them evenly throught the day, like foraging all day? To keep the hunger down that is. Also if hunger strikes, down 8oz of water...that usually kills mine.

However for the amount of workouts you do, make sure you are getting the calories you need.

Mike
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    I agree, I don't think you have your activity level correct. I'm set at moderate and do way less activity. Maybe it'd be a good idea to change it up.
  • Right! I'm with u..... I'll up to my TDEE/ the 10% cut of active and fingers crossed I'm better at keeping to it :-)) I'll check out kath mcardle numbers too... More kcal is def needed ... Thank you xx