To log or not to log work out

Options
All,

I just started EM2WL today, and I am not sure whether or not I should log my exercise. When I calculated by BMR, TDEE, and cut value, my cut value already takes into account my exercise, so when I log my exercise on MFP, it just looks like I need to eat more, but I don't unless I go under BMR, right? Here are my numbers:
BMR: 1670
Cut Value: 1952
Exercise today: 421

I ate: 1971
so 1971-421 = 1550 (-120) So really I need to eat 120 more calories to bring me back up to my BMR, right? Am I thinking about this correctly?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Log it, but as 1 calorie :)
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Log it, but as 1 calorie :)

That's what I do. Everything else will drive me crazy :tongue:
  • elly1979
    elly1979 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Me too (1 cal). I make up new workouts, and in the workout "title" i put a notation on calories burned so I have a record but it doesn't muck with the mfp figures.
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I log it as per what I actually do, so that if I burn calories that then makes me net under my BMR, I can see it on MFP.
  • shirellp
    shirellp Posts: 12
    Options
    All,

I just started EM2WL today, and I am not sure whether or not I should log my exercise. When I calculated by BMR, TDEE, and cut value, my cut value already takes into account my exercise, so when I log my exercise on MFP, it just looks like I need to eat more, but I don't unless I go under BMR, right? Here are my numbers:
    BMR: 1670
    Cut Value: 1952
    Exercise today: 421

I ate: 1971
    so 1971-421 = 1550 (-120) So really I need to eat 120 more calories to bring me back up to my BMR, right? Am I thinking about this correctly?

Thanks in advance!
    That's exactly what I do and I learned all I needed to know from this group.
  • swingkid1975
    swingkid1975 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I log all my exercise calories. The numbers on your food diary page will change according to your exercise. That's why I only look at the numbers on my homepage. On my homepage the only two numbers I'm worried about are "food" and "net". If I ever see that my net is lower than BMR I eat to bring it back up to BMR.
  • ekdennis
    ekdennis Posts: 62
    Options
    Thanks for the responsed everyone. I feel better knowing I am on the right track; I just have to decide how I want to "look" at it.
  • bethad5
    bethad5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I've been entering my workouts and just paying attention to the 'food' column - but then realized that adding in high burns throws off my macro ratios. So now I'm not really sure what to do!
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    I also only log as 1 cal, I only add my hrm burn if I have done anything extra.
  • SurroDoula
    SurroDoula Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I enter in the total amount burned in the exercise notes area (so I can look back and see), and only log the calories that I need to bring me back up above BMR (if needed) . Right now I can burn 300 calories without needing to add back, so if I burned 415, I would only log 115 and make a note that the total was 415. That way I can easily see how many calories I have left in the day.