Progress Report Finishing Stage 1

Options
MyOwnSunshine
MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
I'm almost done with Stage 1. I had one little deviation from plan because I hurt my back deadlifting and had to take a few weeks off and do cardio instead of weights. I am going to keep doing Stage 1 until the end of the month because I like increasing my weight on squats and deadlifts.

Anyway, when I weighed in on the fancy expensive body composition scale at the doctors office (I know, not completely accurate, but it's better than my crappy one and it's the same one I weighed on 2-1/2 months ago, so it should be consistent) I had lost a total of 5 pounds, gained 3 pounds of lean mass and dropped 3% of my body fat.

I'm pretty much following the nutritional guidelines in the book, and doing the weight workouts 3 times a week, with cardio intervals before and/or after my weight routine.

I'm definitely all in now. I can't wait to see the results if I stay with the program for the next 6 months.

Replies

• TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome! I just finished Stage 1 too! I also.. love stage 1 enough to extend it, but decided otherwise because the program would last forever. Heheh. I'll just return to the awesomeness of standard deadlifts and squats when I'm done with it! :)

Your body composition changes are AWESOME though! 3% is definitely no joke! Congratulations!
  • Nadiataha
    Nadiataha Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well done, both of you!! I'm so glad to hear that people are having success with the program, even if they have to alter it a little. I'm doing my first Stage 1 AMRAP today so I'm in roughly the same place, although I've been at it for 7 weeks instead of 6. FunBun, I agree about loving Stage 1. I never put off a workout because I didn't feel like it. I read ahead a little and it looks like stage 2 is going to be interesting... by which I mean hard!! Good luck to you both.