Lean & Green Meal Calories

irisia99
irisia99 Posts: 58 Member
How many calories do you typically consume during your lean & green meal? I'm only on week 2 but think I may be overindulging a bit on this meal. I've been traveling this week so it's more difficult to really estimate the weight of my protein and how much oil was used in cooking it so I'm trying to get overly obsessive about it. But how exact should I be?

Replies

• oviedom81
    oviedom81 Posts: 26 Member
    I have been on Medifast for a week. Today my 2nd week starts. I noticed that my lean and green meals come to 300 to 400 calories. Medifast has a cook book and I use this to prepare my meals. The protein meat should at least be 5-6 oz and use olive oil instead of others oil. I normally use 2 tablespoon of olive oil if I need to. Hope this helps.
  • Most of my MF L&G meals are between 300-500 calories. My goal is usually to keep my whole day under 1,000 calories and my carb intake to less than 80 grams. That means I don't always choose certain MF foods that are higher in sugar than others. For example, I love the MF diabetic chocolate shake because it is low in calories, low in carbs, & high in protein (compared to other MF shakes). You have to be careful with L&G because the lean meats are higher in fat calories whereas the leaner/leanest meats are very low in fat calories. So chicken is always a better choice than beef, shrimp better than cheese, etc.
  • litelight
    litelight Posts: 53
    This is my 7th week, but I noticed around week 4-5 I wasn't losing any weight at all. I started to view the food diaries of the 'biggest losers' and they seemed to be eating more from the leaner menu than I was. Last week I added fish/tuna to my diet 3 days and it made a difference. I FINALLY went from 164.4 to 161.
  • weaglette
    weaglette Posts: 4
    Thanks for the hint, Lite. I'm at week 6 with only 4 pds lost, I'll try the fish and see if that helps.
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Be sure to keep track of your sodium it shouldn't be more than 2300 mg a day as well stay away from.anything canned or packaged as its always higher in sodium and be sure u r getting in at least half your body weight in ounces of water..if u cant fathom that much then at least do 64 o:ex:angry:
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Be sure to keep track of your sodium it shouldn't be more than 2300 mg a day as well stay away from.anything canned or packaged as its always higher in sodium and be sure u r getting in at least half your body weight in ounces of water..if u cant fathom that much then at least do 64 oz a day;)
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Be sure to keep track of your sodium it shouldn't be more than 2300 mg a day as well stay away from.anything canned or packaged as its always higher in sodium and be sure u r getting in at least half your body weight in ounces of water..if u cant fathom that much then at least do 64 o:ex:angry:

Gosh, I have to keep my sodium under 1600 in order not to hold water.

-Debra