Am I ok to start

Options
Hey,

I'm just looking for advice. I currently go to the gym, but am still doing the exercises I was given in my introduction due to me thinking they would work. I've recently bought the book and am having a look around here, to gather as much information as required.

I just tend to see alot of people who have quite alot less than me (I've got 130 pounds to lose). Am I still going to be ok to start on the stages, or is it best to wait till I've lost alot more weight?

Thanks for any help

Nessy x

Replies

• karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I think no time like the present. I have a lot of weight to lose too, but I wanted to start right away to preserve as much muscle/lean mass as possible, while only melting off the fat. I figure even if the scale moves slower, it's easier to preserve muscle mass than to build it later, because if you lose more weight first with just diet and/or cardio, you *will* burn off both fat and muscle.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I agree with Karen. While trying to lose "weight" you will lose fat and muscle. Strength training will help you at least maintain your muscle, which in turn will help you burn more fat. I say start now!!
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Absoloutely.

There is no rule in the new rules that says you have to have under 130lbs to lose to do the program!! :)

GO for it!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I wish I had started sooner, everyone kept saying not to wait but I did...... The sooner the better I think :smile:
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Just do it!!

I started, despite still having about 30lb to lose. Weight loss may have slowed down but I am certainly stronger & starting to show some muscle definition :)
  • agreenmess
    agreenmess Posts: 94
    Options
    Hey, thanks for the reply's, I was going to start as soon as possible as I'm already doing slight weight training. Cannot wait :)