Need some Advice, Having some doubts

Starting Weight: 196
Current Weight: 155
Height: 5'7
Body Fat %: 22 (i dont no how accurate this is, done at the gym with a hand held device)

BMR: 1516
TDEE: 2350
Daily calorie intake: 1998

I was at 149 when i started EM2LW and now at 7/8 weeks in I’m hitting the scales at 155-158lbs.
I have been strength training for a couple months now and have recently gotten a personal trainer in order to push myself harder.
I still do lots of cardio because i enjoy it, run, hike so I always always make sure to net above my BMR (1550-1800), on a typical day ill eat about 2000-2200 calories usually.
Feel free to look at my diary (a couple days aren’t fully complete like a Saturday or a weekend i went away)
I understand the hole muscle weighs more then fat, retaining water, weighing more on/after lifting days, and im not trying to be a slave to the scale,
I just feel like I’m not doing something right, not seeing any changes in my body at all.
Feeling down and chubby, needing some encouragement, maybe some advice

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Hang in there!

One thing, have you taken your measurements since starting?

Two, are you properly hydrating yourself?

When you upped your calories how big an increase in your carb intake was tere?

Thanks,

Mike
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    First of all love your legs. :P

Second, most people do experience some gain when starting. Its probably a good thing to keep your macros somewhere around 40/40/30 c/p/f.

I am a recovering cardio addict, not because I enjoy it immensely but because I felt like I needed it. Since cutting down on my cardio, it seems like my weight stays more consistent. Im not sure why but my theory is that it has something to do with overtraining. You may find that your body responds better to 3 days a week of HIIT training for cardio instead of an hour a day. Just a thought.
  • Girl_Bomb
    Girl_Bomb Posts: 195
    yeah i have my measurments but there in a file somewhere lost at my very unorganized gym, waiting to get those.
    definetly hydrate myself enough, and iv never been a high carb eater, my carbs havent increased what so ever, increased my fat (but healthy fats nuts avocados etc) and increased my protien, obviously lol
  • Girl_Bomb
    Girl_Bomb Posts: 195
    oh, and i was doing HIIT training for a couple of months between gym memberships, maybe i should go back to that, good idea :)
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    oh, and i was doing HIIT training for a couple of months between gym memberships, maybe i should go back to that, good idea :)

Might be a good thing! Changing up the routines is always great. I am still leaning towards water/glycogen retention for you on this one. To gain that much weight of pure fat you would have to eat an extra 30k calories on top of your TDEE :)
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    yeah i have my measurments but there in a file somewhere lost at my very unorganized gym, waiting to get those.
    definetly hydrate myself enough, and iv never been a high carb eater, my carbs havent increased what so ever, increased my fat (but healthy fats nuts avocados etc) and increased my protien, obviously lol

For your measurements if/when they are found you can put them into MFP to store them for you...Also, go ahead and take them now for when they are found and just so you will have a record of the loss later on...Another good thing is to take pictures of yourself b/c a whole lot of people will SEE a difference even if the scale is the same...HTH!! :)
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    I agree with MIke! It sounds like you are retaining water in those muscles. And cutting back on the cardio to doing 3 sessions of HIIT sounds good too.