Hiking challenge tomorrow - Who's in? 6/15

fiveohmike
fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
Hey guys,

1. Assuming my hangover subsides by tomorrow heh

I am going to go hiking tomorrow morning. I have been resting the past week due to my back, but things are looking perfect, so its time to kick some *kitten* on the trails tomorrow.

So who's in?

I say, get out, hike, post your stats AND post some pics! Lets get this done! What I want to see is people working and sweating. I want to see people bombing up a hill like its nothing, then laugh at the top. I know when i get to the top, Its gun show time. Thats what my conqueror picture will be.

Lets get our there and do some work!

Mike

Replies

• Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Gah! I want to!!!! In fact, I want to go here: http://virginiatrailguide.com/2012/05/13/the-devils-marbleyard/ I've never been, it's relatively close by and it looks AWESOME.

BUT ... the boyfriend can't go this weekend, so it's postponed. :grumble:

I'd love to go here, too! http://gilescounty.org/cascades.html I've been twice so far and it is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

Have a great hike!! I'll be headed to tackle the iron jungle at the gym. :wink:
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    Tell you what...I'm hiking up one of the steepest climbs in the Jasper area (Whistler's Mtn. in Jasper, Alberta, Canada) NEXT saturday (June 23) I'll reply back after that....sound good? :happy:
  • fiveohmike
    Tell you what...I'm hiking up one of the steepest climbs in the Jasper area (Whistler's Mtn. in Jasper, Alberta, Canada) NEXT saturday (June 23) I'll reply back after that....sound good? :happy:

Sounds good, means Ill have to go big next Saturday as well...however I am still going tomorrow! )
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member

Sounds good, means Ill have to go big next Saturday as well...however I am still going tomorrow! )

Sounds good!!
  • fiveohmike
    Come on peops its time to step up! :)
  • I can't go hiking inland tomorrow because my other is off island. But I am planning to do an extra long beach walk since my daughter is staying with friends. If you don't mind pictures from a beach hike I'm in! I did do some good hiking in Maui last week so maybe I'll post some pics of that tomorrow.

btw - I have never posted pics here...what's the process??
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    I would love to go for a serious hike, but the south of the UK is just too flat :(

But during summer I will be going back home to Austria, and THEN I am up for the challenge :)
  • Symonep
    Symonep Posts: 181 Member
    I might take my 4yo for a bush walk, but it will be slow and short. It will be up a mountain though :wink: