Starting CXE Hybrid Today - So Happy to be Back!!!

Options
isys5
isys5 Posts: 213
I had to take a break from the weights right on the last week of the Lean Phase about 2.5 months ago due to an injury :( So I subbed in 60 min of elliptical 5-6 days per week and am finally starting to really notice all the fat melting off to reveal nice lean muscle from the CXE I did over 2.5 months ago (and I am sure the elliptical) but even my arms are really toned and my strength still seem to be where I left off, so excited.

So this time around I am doing the weights, ab & stretching workouts as in the Janelle's Hybrid schedule but keeping the 60 min of cardio in at least 5 days per week (either by doing 2 cardio workouts, run or elliptical) to keep the fat coming off. I posted Janelle's schedule here last time as I was going to try it, then got my injury.

Replies

• courtrptr13
    courtrptr13 Posts: 272
    Options
    I'm glad to hear you've kept your strength. I was on week two of the lean phase and have a rotator cuff injury and can't lift for at least a couple weeks :( I'm going to continue doing cardio and lower body weights, but I'm worried about losing the strength I've built in my upper body. I'm going to see how long it takes me to heal and then determine if I'll pick up with lean again or start the whole program over.
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I started the CLX/TF hybrid by Jenelle. I must say Fire 30 was tougher after doing the Burn Circuit 1.
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I started the CLX/TF hybrid by Jenelle. I must say Fire 30 was tougher after doing the Burn Circuit 1.

i usually do the cardio first so my heart is pumping and i get a better burn for the clx
  • IcassI
    Options

i usually do the cardio first so my heart is pumping and i get a better burn for the clx

Thanks! I've read conflicting info that its better to do your strength training first so you have the energy to really push yourself in the workouts and then cardio after. Who knows what is right or wrong.
  • lkarinal
    lkarinal Posts: 107
    Options

Thanks! I've read conflicting info that its better to do your strength training first so you have the energy to really push yourself in the workouts and then cardio after. Who knows what is right or wrong.

No wonder why they say Jenelle's hybrid is hard core!!

I've read also that it's better to do strength training first and the cardio in my forums here in MFP, I remember feeling extremely exhausted when I was doing 30 Day Shred along with Turbo Fire cardio workouts and must say that what helped me a lot was to eat a protein bar 30 min before my workout. Hope this helps!! :wink:
  • isys5
    isys5 Posts: 213
    Options
    I tend to do my cariod first too if I do them on the same day as after the weights I am totally exhausted! I have read it is better to do weights first too but when I tried that the other day, the cardio just did not happen ;) I thought I might do the cardio in the mornings and the weights at night as well but then last night was just too tired so I think I will just either do a HIIT before weights session or just do cardio one days I don't do weights...going to have to play it by ear as if I miss part of a workout I feel guilty & I hate that feeling ;)
  • IcassI
    Options

No wonder why they say Jenelle's hybrid is hard core!!

I've read also that it's better to do strength training first and the cardio in my forums here in MFP, I remember feeling extremely exhausted when I was doing 30 Day Shred along with Turbo Fire cardio workouts and must say that what helped me a lot was to eat a protein bar 30 min before my workout. Hope this helps!! :wink:

Thanks Karina! I will try to do that with the protein bar. When I was doing Fire 30 on Monday my body was sore. I got through the work out but I certainly did not burn as many calories as I have in the past. It was a difference of 22 calories less which is ok with me. Hopefully my body will get used to it as time goes on.