SOME NATURAL ALTERNATIVES!

Options
savedchild8
savedchild8 Posts: 148 Member
**REMEMBER....Everyone is different with different challnges!

If taking medication....PLEASE BE CAREFUL.....SOME OF THESE ARE SO EFFECTIVE THAT YOU MUST MONITER BLOOD SUGARS VERY CLOSELY SO THAT YOU DO NOT BOTTOM OUT!!!

I USE MY GLAUCOMETER ABOUT FOUR TIME DAILY.....MORE IF NECESSARY!!!

If I can be of any assistance, please message me.

Thanks!!

1) Take 400 mcg of chromium picolinate daily with meals, preferably before working out. Alternatively, you may take a pure chromium supplement every day with meals before exercise. Taking chromium with orange juice or other foods rich in vitamin C helps your body absorb the chromium.

Read more: How to Use Chromium Picolinate for Weight Loss | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4514349_use-chromium-picolinate-weight-loss.html#ixzz1xuAFs36H

2) With regard to what chromium supplements is better to use, there are two good opportunities - chromium picolinate and polynicotinate. Both of these forms are effective and perfectly safe. The structure of modern dietary supplements contains chromium in the form of GTF - glucose-tolerance factor, wich is digested even in cases where the transformation of chromium from food to biologically available form is hindered (as, for example, in diabetes). To help combat obesity and other consequences of insulin resistance, it is required a daily intake 200 to 600 mcg of chromium supplements. When expressly diabetes or extreme obesity, the dose can be increased to 600-1000 mg per day.
http://healing.fit-leader.com/articles/chromium.shtml

3) Gymnema sylvestre, a vine-like native Indian plant, rivals modern diabetes treatments except in one area. It has no known side effects I drink this in tea form, most times twice a day.

4) Food high in fiber also slows the rate at which the nutrients enter the bloodstream. This is important to diabetics, who can get a spike in glucose levels, especially from eating low fiber foods.

High Fiber Low Glycemic Whole Grains

•buckwheat kasha
•bulgar
•barley, pearled
•rye
•wheat kernals
•quinoa

When consuming high fiber foods, as I said before limit your consumption of brown rice to 1/2 cup a day and serve with low glycemic vegetables and a little meat of your choice. Brown rice takes about 45 min. to cook. You need 1 1/2 cups of water to a cup of rice. Bring the water to a boil, add the rice, put the lid on and turn it down to a simmer. To reduce the glycemic response of cooked rice, make sure it's not clumped and "sticky." Cooked rice should be dry with the grains separate and not refined. Check the rice often and better yet, use a rice cooker. A rice cooker will ensure that your rice has a lower glycemic index.

Most vegetables and fruits as you will see from this list of raw foods are low glycemic, although fruits that are too ripe (adding concentrated sugars) may become high glycemic. A raw food diet plan, including lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, is a highly nutritious way to maintain fat loss. It doesn't mean you have to eat only raw food but it does mean eating your produce mostly uncooked.

Low Glycemic Fruits: apple, dried apples, avocado, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, persimmon, orange,
cherries, nectarine, figs, fresh only, honeydew melon, kiwi, lemon, lime, mandarin, pear, peach, tangerine, grapes

Each fruit on the list of raw foods above is low glycemic. It is recommended that you eat fruits and vegetables mostly fresh and uncooked. If you choose to eat canned fruit make sure that it is packed in water or in it's own juice so that no sugar or artificial sweeteners are added. It's best to avoid fruit juices since they are so concentrated they will be high glycemic and give you a glycemic load. Although you could drink some juice occasionally if it is 100% fruit juice and diluted at least half and half with water. More pulp is better; fresh squeezed is better yet.

For more info: http://www.lifetimefatloss.com/glycemic-index.html

5) LUO HAN GUO

Sweet Fruit Used as Sugar Substitute and Medicinal Herb

More info: http://www.itmonline.org/arts/luohanguo.htm

6) Apple cider vinegar has been proven to prevent a rise in blood sugar after consuming a meal. The vinegar contains an acetic acid that slows digestion of starches down which are usually transformed quickly into glucose. Therefore, it reduces the glycemic index from starchy type foods.

Additionally, it is shown that consuming apple cider vinegarbefore you go to sleep has quite a favorable impact on the next morning's blood glucose levels. If you have diabetes, apple cider vinegar might be just what you need to help keep your blood sugar levels controlled.