Summary

Options
Ahanaz
Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
So, There is so much info to read and I have finals coming up. Could someone please give a brief summary of what this group is all about? And eat more to weigh less, does that refer to eat your BMR instead of the 1200 that MFP suggest or is it something else?

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Easy summary-

Figure out your TDEE (use scooby calculator) and take 15% off that. Eat what's left. BE HONEST about your activity level, most women short themselves. Lift weights- recommended but not 'required'. Eat food and enjoy your life- put the scale down and relax.

Some do a full metabolism reset. If you've been eating far below your BMR you should reset the whole system. Takes six to eight weeks of eating your full TDEE and then you drop to 15% below. If you have been eating too low for too long- raising calories to 15%below TDEE won't be enough- your body is damaged and needs to heal.

Hope that helps. :)
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Easy summary-

Figure out your TDEE (use scooby calculator) and take 15% off that. Eat what's left. BE HONEST about your activity level, most women short themselves. Lift weights- recommended but not 'required'. Eat food and enjoy your life- put the scale down and relax.

Some do a full metabolism reset. If you've been eating far below your BMR you should reset the whole system. Takes six to eight weeks of eating your full TDEE and then you drop to 15% below. If you have been eating too low for too long- raising calories to 15%below TDEE won't be enough- your body is damaged and needs to heal.

That's it in a nutshell
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Easy summary-

Amen
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Don't forget....this group is about long term success, not quick fixes. Its about fat loss instead if just weight loss, about educating ourselves to put the very best nutrients into our bodies so they can work hard for us. Its about enjoying occasional treats and but making healthy eating a top priority. Its not about being a slave to the scale.Its about living healthy, active lives that we can enjoy! Getting our lives back. I love this group and consider myself so blessed to be a part if it.
    The people on this group are not lazy gluttons as done in the main boards think. We work our butts off, do our homework and don't believe every newest diet trend out there. We don't get into all the negativity and we are seeing real results!
  • Ahanaz
    Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Easy summary-

So does eating between 1000-1500 for 1 month count as too long low cal intake? I used to eat 3000 cals per day. When I started this I ate around 800 the first 2 weeks, then I started with some snacks so now I am up around 1200-1500 per day. I have a hard time getting over 1500 without eating junk food though. I'm still full and feel great.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Easy summary-

So does eating between 1000-1500 for 1 month count as too long low cal intake? I used to eat 3000 cals per day. When I started this I ate around 800 the first 2 weeks, then I started with some snacks so now I am up around 1200-1500 per day. I have a hard time getting over 1500 without eating junk food though. I'm still full and feel great.

In most cases- yes that would be below your BMR. Your Basal Metabolic Rate is what they would feed you in the hospital if you were in a coma. Once you wake up and get out of bed- you are into TDEE territory. Total Daily Energy Expenditure. This is how many cals you burn in a day- from exercise, cleaning, shopping, walking, eating- the whole thing.

I know you're super busy right now- but I would really recommend a read through the stickies. I know there are tons of them right now- look for TDEE stickies and there is a 'what to expect' stickie up there as well. Those two are biggies to read. If you'd rather watch a video- then hit up the Youtube channel. Links are on the main page of this MFP group.

How we feel in regards to hunger isn't always the best guide- but go ahead and take a look through the info as you can and start learning about the EMTWL option.