guess im still confused! help please

Options
TonyaBtrfly
TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
fitness frog and scooby have my tdee at 2365 and bmr at 1526. i was eating 1600 and eating back my exercise calories of 360. is this right or do you think i should bump up m calorie intake to 1700 or as these web site calculators suggest eat 1892???? this seems so high! guess im still confused if anyone can help i appreciate it. I just want to lose weight! and keep it off and not starve doing it!

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    If you were eating 1600 plus 360 exercise calories then 1890 is no different (you don't eat back your exercise calories with that number).

I would go with the 1800 and something number. But basically whichever you choose, just stick with it and be consistent. You can always reevaluate after a couple months to see where you're at.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! This is no confusion Saturday ...you didn't get the memo ?? Lol

No prob. That TDEE is awesome high. What kind of exercise do you do? I assume it's consistent and you used that consistent activity level to calculate your TDEE. With that said , calculate 15% of 2300 ( I just like round #s) ...that is what you should be eating. Don't eat back exercise cals since your activity is already considered when calculating your TDEE.
  • TonyaBtrfly
    TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    right now i do 30 minutes on the elliptical. burn about 300 calories according to my weight and all these different calculators and my elliptical