PRE AND POST WORKOUT "MEALS"

Options
rosied915
rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
I am starting NROL4W tomorrow and would like to know if I absolutely MUST eat or drink something (like a protein shake, etc) before or after "lifting"?

This is what my day looks like now:

6am~ breakfast (PB on whole wheat, apple, high protein fat free milk)

9am~ 100 calorie pack almonds

9:15- 10:30ish~ workout (Yoga, Pilates, dancy aerobics)

10:30ish~ Kashi Bar

12:00ish~ Lunch

My tummy feels "comfy" doing that. I have done some reading and have seen it recommended to drink a protein shake before a workout.
I feel really, really, REALLY full when I drink a shake and would definitely not be able to exercise AFTER drinking one and would "spoil my lunch" if I drank it after I did the weight routine.

Just how important is this part of a lifting routine? I know I need to have something,but does it have to be something that's so filling?

Replies

• natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I am starting new rules for lifting today. The book says to have something high in protein after the workout. When I was seeing a trainer he would tell me the same thing. I believe this is for building muscle and to help repair the muscle after your workout.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    OK~ AFTER the workout would be MUCH better!!

Hey~ GOOD LUCK!!:flowerforyou:
  • swingkid1975
    swingkid1975 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I don't do/eat/drink anything special before lifting, but I lift at lunchtime and when I'm done I eat my lunch, including a banana dipped in peanut butter and choc chips. Peanut butter is some good protein.