Somebody Wanna Have a Look At My Diary?!

Jenjaz1910
Jenjaz1910 Posts: 433 Member
Hey am kinda feeling stuck at the mo, can anybody have a look at my diary and advise if I need to eat more, less etc.... Past couple of days have been manic so not great lol x

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Can you provide more information? Feeling stuck doesnt really equate to anything.. are you not losing weight? are you gaining? are you eating above your BMR? Are you eating below your TDEE? What are your numbers?
  • Jenjaz1910
    Sorry lol I'm not losing weight, my BMR is 1373 and my TDEE is 2118 and I eat at a 20% deduction. Not sure if I'm eating too much or not enough or whatever! I workout 5-6 times a week 45-60 mins x
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Sorry lol I'm not losing weight, my BMR is 1373 and my TDEE is 2118 and I eat at a 20% deduction. Not sure if I'm eating too much or not enough or whatever! I workout 5-6 times a week 45-60 mins x

If you haven't lost in 4 wks go up 100 in cals...20% cut is steep.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Ok I think you should increase to 15% cut. Also set macros to 40% carb and 30% prot and fat. Hit your protein macros yours is low consistently. Maybe try preplanning in the morning to get in at least a gr of protein per lb of bodywgt.

Lucia
  • Jenjaz1910
    Ok I think you should increase to 15% cut. Also set macros to 40% carb and 30% prot and fat. Hit your protein macros yours is low consistently. Maybe try preplanning in the morning to get in at least a gr of protein per lb of bodywgt.

Lucia

I do try to get my protein up but struggle :( 15% is 1800, do I eat at that every day, what about if my excerise cals take my NET below my BMR? Should I eat more then, to get my NET up? X
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Way too many carbs--not enough protein.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member

Lucia

I do try to get my protein up but struggle :( 15% is 1800, do I eat at that every day, what about if my excerise cals take my NET below my BMR? Should I eat more then, to get my NET up? X

The protein can take some time to work on increasing. Im 12 weeks in and I have to eat upwards of 200grams a day of protein. The only way I get even close is by protein powders and bars. If you decide to go this route, find a powder that is low in carbs, low to no added sugars.. low on sodium.
    Things like Greek yogurt, edamame, beans in general, lean meats are all great sources of protein.

1800 is your daily amount to eat. The only time you would eat back any exercise cals is if your burn takes you below BMR. So you eat 1800... you burn 500 cals, taking you to 1300.. your BMR is 1373, so you would need to eat back 73+ cals to net over BMR.

Hope this helps. Make your macros the 40/30/30 and aim to get as close as you can to hitting those. Pay attention to your carbs..
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member

One other thing...you are working out 5-6 times a week for up to an hour?
    Your tdee sounds a bit low....are you using moderate activity or less?
  • Jenjaz1910

One other thing...you are working out 5-6 times a week for up to an hour?
    Your tdee sounds a bit low....are you using moderate activity or less?

My TDEE of 2118 is for moderate activity. My stats are 5ft 3, female, 32, current weight 144lbs, goal weight 130lbs, BF% is 29.4% (this is an estimate as I work it out on Fat2fit by my measurements) I work behind a desk all day so that's sedentary and Monday to Friday I work out on average 45-60 mins sometimes a little less and sometimes a little more. Mainly doing JM workouts and Zumba on the Wii, some weekends I'll do a workout on 1 of the days and take 1 rest day others I take 2 rest days (normally more active at weekends with the kids or working behind a bar on my feet) x
  • Jenjaz1910
    Ok my macros already were set at 40/30/30 I've planned my meals for today so far, but still got 52g of protein to hit my protein target! Already had breakfast. Lunch is set in stone as that's already made and in work with me now. Dinner I can change but not sure what to?! Still got 478 calories left to use if I keep my dinner as it is, so got snacks to add to it

Protein powder and bars are FAR too expensive, I am on a really tight budget and at £20+ buying protein powder isn't within my budget.

Jen x