Scooby calculator vs. Owen?

Mistymath
Mistymath Posts: 146 Member
What would the reason be for these numbers being drastically different? I am reading NROLFW, and my TDEE according to Owen is around 2400, with an RMR of about 1624. Scooby says these numbers are more like 2900 and 1900. I decided against doing a reset at 2900 because I just can't eat that much, but a 20% cut from Scooby is almost as much as my TDEE according to Owen.

Can you tell I am confused here? Any help is much appreciated!

Replies

• Mistymath
    *Crickets*

Anybody?
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Interesting question. I would say try one and go with it. See how it works for you. I did see an article from a trainer who said she recommends Owen for normal to mildly overweight women, but "other" calculator for obese women. Good luck!
  • ae2rigc
    ae2rigc Posts: 37
    Try the other scooby one and have a read of the stuff at the bottom "Reseearch Models" explaining the different equation types, might help you identify the best for you

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

:)
  • Mistymath
    I tried an online Owen calculator instead of using what the book said, and the numbers were much closer. So maybe I just missed a step when I calculated from the book. Regardless, I'm going to stick with what the Scooby calculator said for now. I just started lifting today, so I'm eager to see how I feel in about 6-8 weeks!