There is NO Possible Way

zukkiz
zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
You see I have a couple of different scales. One I use for weighing is just your basic digital scale. I started with it so I do my main weighing on that. Every so often I bring out my scale that does BF%, just to check it out.. It says I am at 25.4% body fat. My water was 54.4% and my bones 7.1. Okay so only a few weeks ago at the same weight I was 31.2% body fat, water 49%, and bones 6.

My inches have not decreased that significantly during this time.

These were my stats on April 30th

My Scale: 32.5%
Fat 2 Fit
Original Method: 27%
Military: 37.9
Covert: 28.5%

Fat 2 Fit Results

Original Method: 26.8%
Military: 35.6
Covert: 27.5
My Scale: 25.4

What I am saying is that I DO NOT BELIEVE MY SCALE!!

Replies

• zukkiz
    Pump.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Good for you! What a difference, especially in your BF%!
  • zukkiz
    Good for you! What a difference, especially in your BF%!

Thanks, but I am a little cautious. I don't think it's real.
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    I dont know which one to believe myself...!? I hate that they differ so much!
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Those scales are more witchcraft than science. I wouldn't trust them for anything outside of scale weight.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    I agree, Bodyfat is best to be measured with the calipers, not with scales.
    I don't want to destroy your bubble, but I doubt it that the percentage of Bodyfat can go down so much in such a short time.
  • I think the body fat monitor bit can be really influenced by hydration levels so perhaps that might be a factor? It's tough isn't it... We know scale weight it unreliable, and body fat is tough to measure, and measurements are not easy to track if there is not much to lose! Not sure the answer!
  • zukkiz
    I agree, Bodyfat is best to be measured with the calipers, not with scales.
    I don't want to destroy your bubble, but I doubt it that the percentage of Bodyfat can go down so much in such a short time.

No bubble to destroy. I haven't put much stock into it.

I think I need to invest in some calipers.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    I think I need to invest in some calipers.
    me too ;)
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    My scale's BF bounces around all the time. If I've lost a pound or so then I'll be down to 20%. Up a few pounds I'm 24% It's really random. :grumble:
  • zukkiz
    My scale's BF bounces around all the time. If I've lost a pound or so then I'll be down to 20%. Up a few pounds I'm 24% It's really random. :grumble:

I'm used to the weight doing that, but it was the first time my BF did that. Even though I know it's not accurate it was cool to see. I can't wait until it's real!!!

So, not including my scale, which one of three others should I use.
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Those scales are more witchcraft than science.

+1 Mine bounces all over the place and depends mostly on how dehydrated I am.