Good to meet you

Options
Jelaine56
Jelaine56 Posts: 88 Member
Hi, my name is Joan and I am 56 yrs old. The only way I get thru my walks are because of God's strength.. Each time I start my walk I pray, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".. I am interested in meeting other Christians to encourage and be encouraged by.. I wouldn't be where I am now w/o God's strength..

Replies

• halliedoll
    halliedoll Posts: 171
    Options
    Thats great! I have found that workouts are a great opportunity for alone time with God. I often find myself singing out at the top of my lungs the lyrics to "our God is greater" when workouts get really tough. It reminds me that I am an heir of Christ and I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!
  • Jelaine56
    Jelaine56 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I always listen to my itouch when I walk alone.. I've got all of my favorite Christian music on a playlist and let it play.. I couldn't do it w/o my "Jesus" music.. :)
  • halliedoll
    halliedoll Posts: 171
    Options
    I agree, did you know that they even have techno remixes of classic contemporary Christian music?! Those really get me going when I run :D
  • SarahAnderson14843
    Options
    It is really good to meet you guys! I love listening to Christian music when I am working out and cleaning the house, I seem to get motivated much easier when I listen to it Casting Crowns, and Third Day are some of my favorite I am always looking for some good Christian bands so if you have any suggestions please let me know :)
    Thanks Sarah