Ran my 1st Half Marathon

Options
BackwoodsMom
BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
I ran my first half today. Did okay and just about made my goal of 2:15 - 2:15:58. It was a tough run because it was on a rail trail that was mostly gravel and hard dirt. That was a lot different than all my training on roads. I know I had to concentrate pretty hard so I didn't relax like I would have liked to. About 200 runners so it was a nice small race. (But, the only accommodations for bathroom breaks were the ones at the start/finish.)

Overall result: I will probably do another half but will wait to see about a full. (I had thought about a full in October but don't think I'm quite ready.) There are other halfs that I could do this fall and 5 and 10Ks, too. Mostly, I want to enjoy running and getting healthier.

Replies

• lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first half marathon! I know what you mean about waiting on a full one. While I was running a half I kept wondering why I thought I wanted to run a full.... but then again I didn't know if I wanted to run another half. I ran my second one the weekend before last. They are addicting. I'm signed up for 2 more halfs this year. Good luck with yours!
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    2:15 is an awesome time for your first half marathon! With my first 1/2, I found it was mostly concentration on the running basics that held me back... posture, breathing, pace. Congratulations on finishing- good luck on your next one- now you have a time to beat!

I have my first full scheduled for October, and I have to admit I'm a little intimidated by the distance. But we trust our training and put in the time so it should all work out in the end. The fitness will be there, It will just take a little longer to get to the end!

Good luck!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Just be warned, half marathons are a gateway drug...
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Congrats on your first half marathon! I am sure there will be many more.
  • allday2
    allday2 Posts: 413 Member
    Options

Yes indeed!!!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options

Yes indeed!!!

Agreed!! Congrats on your first, and awesome time! I never ever thought I'd be any kind of runner, and now I'll be doing my 4th Half in Sept and first full in Nov, eek!
  • allday2
    allday2 Posts: 413 Member
    Options

Yes indeed!!!

Agreed!! Congrats on your first, and awesome time! I never ever thought I'd be any kind of runner, and now I'll be doing my 4th Half in Sept and first full in Nov, eek!
    I hear ya.... I started one day out of the blue 3 years ago....done about 8 half's...trying to conquer a full this fall
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options

Yes indeed!!!

I hear ya.... I started one day out of the blue 3 years ago....done about 8 half's...trying to conquer a full this fall

wait edit that: 5TH half lol.. see it is addicting!