Nagging injuries

bradthemedic
bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
So I have a couple of little nagging injuries that are going to keep me off my running and weight training for the next 2 weeks while I try to let them heal. That being said I walk to work (40 minutes return trip) every M-F. My plan is to add in an extra 30-60 minutes per day of walking on top of that.

My question is: If I eat at BMR for the next 2 weeks can I still lose fat and minimize muscle loss if I am eating enough? I know I'll lose some... but they are looking really nice and I'd hate to see them go flat. :/

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Why do you want to eat BMR?
    If it is just for a short time that you change your activity level I would leave my calories as they are.
    If you are less active for longer change it to the next lower level.
    I think it is important to be consistant-are you resetting?
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    First off, you never set BMR as your final goal...it doesn't give you enough cals to do the little things you do once you get outta bed without falling below it! (ie if you eat BMR, and the only thing you do that day other than sleep is eat and brush your teeth, you are now already below BMR=bad)

2ndly...although many people don't think walking really counts as exercise, it totally counts!!

3rdly...unless you are changing up your exercise schedule for a month or more, you don't change your cals. It's like a vacation or diet break. Don't mess with the tdee... :happy:

So, that being said...enjoy the extra fuel for a bit, consider it a diet break at most for the next couple of weeks and then hop right back in where you left off.
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    I was wandering that myself, Brad. I starting week 2 without exercise and I have my calories set at TDEE at sedentary level instead of lightly active. I usually have it set as lightly active when I am exercise.

I actually lost 2.5lbs, but I think it was just water weight being released due to no exercise.
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Thank you everyone, massive help. I'll just eat at my tdee and enjoy the energy ;)
    Cheers