What to do with quinoa?

Options
Hiya, i bought a couple of bags of Quinoa - anybody got some nice recipes? Or do I just use it to replace maybe rice or pasta?
Thanks in advance
:)

Replies

• ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Do you eat Couscous? In which case anything that you do with couscous you can do with Quinoa. Use it where you would normally eat a starch like potatoes or pasta - it's not very exciting on its own though so you do need to have something with it. My mother has it for breakfast with Flax oil. Personally I likeit as a base for a salad - say mixed roast vegetables, a bit of dressing - I make my own - vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, maybe some mustard.

Yummy!
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Quinoa is the best. This is my favorite recipe. I didn't toast the walnuts and had no celery, but I did have some cooked kale so I chopped that up and added it instead. It freezes well too :)

http://www.amateurgourmet.com/2012/01/craigs-quinoa-conversion.html
  • freeli
    freeli Posts: 43
    Options

I tried some yesterday and just used it instead of couscous just cooked and with some asparagus. ... And butter. I'm not too sure yet if i like it tho. And I head to eat a lot to feel full. Hm.
  • Amyaustin90
    Amyaustin90 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    for breakfast, when its steaming cook with half water half coconut milk. then when its ready add some chopped walnuts or almonds, bananas, i like to add flax seeds. then top off with a litle more coconut milk. if its not sweet enough add some honey.

i made this and licked the bowl clean.

im sure it would be good with so many other combos, like instead of coconut milk, soy almond or cows milk.
    any fruit and nut would be good too....almost like oatmeal i guess
  • Amyaustin90
    Amyaustin90 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    also quinoa pancakes, i dont remember the recipe off hand but i got it from self magazine, i know there are lots of variations

i think it had quinoa, and egg, milk and a tiny bit of flour, and maybe some honey to sweeten it.

was very good

add some fresh fruit and cinnamon or peanut butter instead of syrup.