artificial sweetner in my flavored water

Options
TonyaBtrfly
TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
Good morning friends.I want to run something by all of you. So I gave up diet soda in january. I drank tons and tons of it. So i started drinking sparkling flavored water. It has sucralose in it. The pop had aspartame in it. I drink about 1 - 2 liter bottle of the water a day. I am questioning whether or not this is good for me or if it is hindering my weight loss. I am willing to give it up i think. But even if i do give it up everything that is low fat has one or the other in it so im still going to be consuming it. Like in my yogurt. Just want to know what your thoughts are on it. Thanks

Replies

• vatblack
    vatblack Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am not a nutrition expert, but I have read that low fat and sugar free/artificial sugars are worse to consume than full fat and sugared products. I'm sure you have heard the arguments made that it confuses the body and might even create cravings.

So, to be on the safe side, I only use products that are "regular". I stopped diet sodas a long time ago. Basically, tea and coffee are the only non-water products I use. Juice has too much bad sugar in it for my taste too. Flavored water has chemicals I'm not familiar with.

The only thing I have not given up is Truvia because it is made form stevia that is a natural plant. I only use it in my tea now and I drink tea occasionally only. However, I am also considering planting it in my garden and use the actual leaves in my tea instead of a manufactured product.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I gave up sodas months and months ago. IDK about it hindering weight loss, but agree with what Vatblack said above. I try to "keep it real" as much as possible. I primarily drink water and tea only. I do use sugar in my tea, but VERY little - I"m slowly adjusting my taste buds to accepting less sweet. I don't put anything in my water - I like it plain ! But, if you like flavoring (and sounds like you do) try making up a pitcher of water for the day and adding fruit for flavor.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Also great for flavour-put a spring of mint in the water bottle :)