Protein shake recipes?

Options
MrsKosal
MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
I buy a No Bake Cookie protien shake from a gym that isn't my own every lift day. It's amazing! But, it's also $4.50 every time! And, I have powder at home. I tried to make it myself today after my workout and that was a huge FAIL!!!! Didn't even taste close to it.

Anyone have good recipes that you make for your shakes at home? Other than the basic milk and powder?

The one I eat that I love has pb, oatmeal, milk, water, ice, and chocolate protein powder.

Replies

• rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I buy a No Bake Cookie protien shake from a gym that isn't my own every lift day. It's amazing! But, it's also $4.50 every time! And, I have powder at home. I tried to make it myself today after my workout and that was a huge FAIL!!!! Didn't even taste close to it.

Anyone have good recipes that you make for your shakes at home? Other than the basic milk and powder?

The one I eat that I love has pb, oatmeal, milk, water, ice, and chocolate protein powder.

1c Organic Vanilla Almond Milk
    1/2 c frozen blueberries
    1 banana
    1 scoop protein powder
    handful of ice
    YUM!:drinker:
  • MrsKosal
    Options

1c Organic Vanilla Almond Milk
    1/2 c frozen blueberries
    1 banana
    1 scoop protein powder
    handful of ice
    YUM!:drinker:

Mmmmmm that sounds yummy! Do you use chocolate or vanilla powder? I always have blueberries and bananas too.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    1 scoop vanilla protein
    1 jar of baby food carrot flavor
    1/2 cup canned pumpkin
    stevia, vanilla extract, allspice, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon to taste
    tastes like pumpkin pie/carrot cake

1 scoop chocolate protein
    pb2
    1/2 banana
    3 strawberries
    chia seeds (optional)
    1 cup almond milk

1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1/2 cup applesauce
    1 cup milk/almond milk
    cinnamon, stevia, allspice
    1/2 cup oats
    ...apple pie :)

1 scoop vanilla protein
    3/4 cup cottage cheese
    strawberries
    1 cup almond milk
    stevia to taste
    - strawberry cheesecake (you dont need the protein powder if you dont want, still high in protein w/ cottage cheese)

mMmMmMm i've made so many shake concoctions...the best ones are the ones you literally throw together haha :)
  • avalynsmom
    avalynsmom Posts: 78
    Options
    This is the smoothie recipe I make every day that I love! This recipe makes 2 servings, each with 35g protein or more, and about 370cals or more, depending on your protein powder

1/2c plain Greek Yogurt
    1/2c nonfat milk
    2T Natural creamy peanut butter
    3/4c oatmeal (previously cooked)
    2 scoops Chocolate Protein powder
    handful of ice

That's my fav, I never make anything else, it's filling, it's perfect for a snack or a meal if you can't be at home!

edit: I meant plain greek yogurt
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    You could try this to see if its similar to what you buy. This is one of Chocolatecoveredkatie.com's many fab recipes. I add protein powder to all her milkshakes. I use plain but I am sure vanilla or even chocolate powder would work.

Sugar Cookie Milkshake

(serves 1)

2/3 cup milk of choice (try canned coconut milk for an ice-cream-like shake)
    1 frozen, over-ripe banana or 1/2 cup of your favorite ice cream (see nutrition link below, for my many substitution options!)
    scant 1/4 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp cream of tartar
    1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
    optional: 1-2 tbsp raw cashew butter (I like to add this)
    optional: add cinnamon for a snickerdoodle shake!

Blend everything together until very smooth. Don’t add ice; it will dilute the flavor.

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/05/23/sugar-cookie-milkshake/
  • cinblog1965
    cinblog1965 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I drink vanilla T7 protein shake. I mix it with 1 cup of milk and 1/2 packet of Crystal Light orange. Tastes like a creamsicle.

I know the crystal light is horrible for you and filled with chemicals but I just can not choke protein drinks down any other way. I also can't stand the taste of protein bars. I'll find one I like for a few bars, then it will start to taste like chemicals to me.

The Thrive T7 protein powder is available here, if you're interested: http://thriveweightloss.com/products/303-thrive-t7-protein-powder

It's really good for protein powder.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I drink vanilla T7 protein shake. I mix it with 1 cup of milk and 1/2 packet of Crystal Light orange. Tastes like a creamsicle.

I know the crystal light is horrible for you and filled with chemicals but I just can not choke protein drinks down any other way. I also can't stand the taste of protein bars. I'll find one I like for a few bars, then it will start to taste like chemicals to me.

The Thrive T7 protein powder is available here, if you're interested: http://thriveweightloss.com/products/303-thrive-t7-protein-powder

It's really good for protein powder.

omg YUM i never thought of putting crystal light in protein shakes... i always put 1/2 packet of crystal light mixed in my greek yogurt though....now THATS yummy!!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I need to get some more powders.. right now I have a chocolate peanut butter flavor.. so I use milk and a frozen banana for that.
    When I use vanilla powder, its milk, with frozen mango, peach or other berries.

I need more ideas too:)
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    These sound amazing! Thanks for posting them!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    This thread has a bunch. I haven't tried any of them but the sound awesome. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/506340-milkshake-recipe-37g-of-protein
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    This thread has a bunch. I haven't tried any of them but the sound awesome. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/506340-milkshake-recipe-37g-of-protein

Thank you!@!!
  • Ahanaz
    Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • ralena
    ralena Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lattegurl
    Lattegurl Posts: 67 Member
    Options