Is anyone's cut above 2500?

graysmom2005
graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
Other than going into a full reset, the only adjustment I can do right now (except for going down) is to eat at about 2700 calories a day. OMG!

My TDEE average is a little under 3100. This would give me a smaller deficit. Workout 7 times in 5 days. Two days off.

Am I a freak, or is ANYONE ELSE eating that high, seeing a LOSS, and not in their reset? Just wondering if I was alone on this one. :bigsmile:

Edited to say...that men are probably exempt from this question as their goals are much higher. Lucky dogs. :laugh:

Replies

• wonderkitten711
    wonderkitten711 Posts: 109 Member
    My TDEE averages about the same as yours, and I try to eat between 2400 and 2700 depending on the day/activity level (a lazy Saturday versus a day running errands, working out and cleaning). I am losing inches and pounds consistently eating at this level, and kept losing when I upped from my MFP starting calories of ~1900. Admittedly I still have quite a bit to lose, but you're not alone in the insanity of eating that high.
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    I'm not quite as high as you. My TDEE is 2800-2900 based on my average activity (don't have a fitbit or whatever the little devices are). Since I am so close to goal, I target a small deficit and try to eat about 2500-2600 calories and no less than 2300. Here in the last few days I am so sick of eating food that I've been floating around 1900-2100. I can definitely feel it with less energy though so I'm going back up to my normal calorie intake (and looking for new food options!).

I continue to have inches drop off and all of my smaller clothes fitting me. I'm now in a size 8 and wearing size small dresses and shirts. Even with the scale saying I'm up 5 lbs. It's almost time for me to do a week of rest, which is when I usually see the scale change. I think I workout too hard and keep the water weight on even with my BF% going down and clothes fitting me better.
  • graysmom2005
    Lady ace, do I recall that you are quite tall? Does that make a difference? I'm 5ft 6 and so far my body has not responded well to the high calories. I've done nothing but gained in inches and weight. I remember seeing your posts early on and being encouraged!
  • ladyace2078
    Lady ace, do I recall that you are quite tall? Does that make a difference? I'm 5ft 6 and so far my body has not responded well to the high calories. I've done nothing but gained in inches and weight. I remember seeing your posts early on and being encouraged!

I am tall. I'm 5'11". I sit at a desk for about 9 hours a day. When I first started eating more I was working out 6 days a week - more or less 5 days of strength + HIIT and 1 day of pilates and eating about 2200 calories a day. Then about 6 weeks later, I dropped to only 3 days of lifting and continued at the same calorie count. I continued losing inches and pounds (I've never been on a VLCD).

Now I'm back to 6 days of exercise - 3 lifting heavy + HIIT and 3 days of running (a little bit of intervals with the Zombie Run! app), but I've increased my calories from 2200 up to the 2500 or so. The scale is up, but my inches are down and I'm still able to increase weight at the gym which are my real goals. At this point I don't really care if I ever see 165 on the scale again--I seriously just want to wear a size 8 consistently and be able to do 12 standard push-ups and 10 unassisted pull-ups!

For me I need to focus on drinking water and sleeping more--those are the two reasons the scale goes up for me.

I know you've been struggling with not seeing any results and the eating more! I sure hope you turn the corner soon!!
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member

@Graysmom you're 5'6 and your TDEE is sooo high!?!? i may have missed it it another post, but how much exercise do you do to make it that high??? I'm 5'4 and 133 lbs and im netting 1450 cals so usually eating 1750-1800 depending on my exercise... sheesh should i be eating more!? haha
  • bethad5
    bethad5 Posts: 176 Member
    I work out 5-6 hours a week, so I'm eating at the strenuous level and doing the reset. My full TDEE is 2655. I weighed myself over a week ago (after eating 1620+exercise calories since May, so about 2200-2400, and I went from 148 to 154). Haven't weighed myself yet. Trying to eat a constant 2650 a day to let my body reset but have probably gone over more than I've gone under. Just hoping that when I do finally work up the nerve to weigh myself I'm not 160...

I'm 5'10". I used to work out daily for an hour, but to do that my TDEE was 2900something, so I cut out a day.
  • bethad5
    bethad5 Posts: 176 Member

I am tall. I'm 5'11". I sit at a desk for about 9 hours a day. When I first started eating more I was working out 6 days a week - more or less 5 days of strength + HIIT and 1 day of pilates and eating about 2200 calories a day. Then about 6 weeks later, I dropped to only 3 days of lifting and continued at the same calorie count. I continued losing inches and pounds (I've never been on a VLCD).

Now I'm back to 6 days of exercise - 3 lifting heavy + HIIT and 3 days of running (a little bit of intervals with the Zombie Run! app), but I've increased my calories from 2200 up to the 2500 or so. The scale is up, but my inches are down and I'm still able to increase weight at the gym which are my real goals. At this point I don't really care if I ever see 165 on the scale again--I seriously just want to wear a size 8 consistently and be able to do 12 standard push-ups and 10 unassisted pull-ups!

For me I need to focus on drinking water and sleeping more--those are the two reasons the scale goes up for me.

I know you've been struggling with not seeing any results and the eating more! I sure hope you turn the corner soon!!

Ladyace- what activity level do you put yourself in? Moderate or the '5-6 hours of strenuous'?
  • ladyace2078
    I sort of go between the 5-6 hrs and the 7 hrs plus. Some weeks I don't do all of my runs, only 1 day a week instead of 3 days/week. Sometimes I skip the HIIT on my lifting days. If I do my full week of working out, it comes out to about 6.5 hours of exercise, but that doesn't include any cleaning, walking the dog, taking the mass transportation system (requires walking and stairs), chasing after the kids, going swimming with the kids, or going dancing with my husband. Lately I've been going by mostly how I feel--if I'm hungry I eat. Some days that means getting closer to eating 2700 or 2800 calories and other days 2300 calories seems to be enough. I really try to stay consistent at about 2500-2600 calories and based on how this month goes in terms of inches lost, I may increase a little bit. But only if I am consistent with my workouts.
  • graysmom2005

@Graysmom you're 5'6 and your TDEE is sooo high!?!? i may have missed it it another post, but how much exercise do you do to make it that high??? I'm 5'4 and 133 lbs and im netting 1450 cals so usually eating 1750-1800 depending on my exercise... sheesh should i be eating more!? haha
    I'm a mom of two boys, a Goldendoodle, and I'm a fitness instructor! I teach 7-10 classes a week. I have a BMF so I know my TDEE from it! It's very close to Scooby. :-)
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    I know this sounds have you tried over-eating for a week or two? I know the concept sounds crazy but I've read your posts before and you're basically "The Flash". I think you could use a calorie infusion to kickstart things again.

I'm no expert but I am guessing that may help.