Weekly Challenge: June 18-24

Options
Last Week's Challenge

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

- *NEW* "Variety is the Spice of Life" (Rotating Monthly Challenge/RMC June) This month's challenge is to add new exercises to your repertoire. Is there something you have always wanted to try? Rock climbing, Zumba, Cycling, Yoga, Boxing? Maybe you finally want to tackle that rowing machine? Each week if you try one new activity you can earn a ✓ by your name on the results list. (Note: You can also claim any activity you haven't done in over a year for this challenge.)

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?

Results

Fitness Elites:
Debbie ✓
Paul
★ Carrie ✓

Fitness Buffs:
Sonya ✓

Fitness Enthusiasts :
Jill ✓

Replies

• SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Pick a level. Set a goal. How much exercise can you get in this week?

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

- *NEW* "Variety is the Spice of Life" (Rotating Monthly Challenge/RMC June) This month's challenge is to add new exercises to your repertoire. Is there something you have always wanted to try? Rock climbing, Zumba, Cycling, Yoga, Boxing? Maybe you finally want to tackle that rowing machine? Each week if you try one new activity you can earn a ✓ by your name on the results list. (Note: You can also claim any activity you haven't done in over a year for this challenge.)

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?

To report in at the end of the week, please fill out this little "form." Thanks!!

Exercise Minutes:
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was)
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?)
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5)
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Showing Up is Half the Battle

*Updated*

Here is our current "Showing Up is Half the Battle" leader board (i.e. most consecutive log ins).
    Sonya - 285 days
    Ellie - 140 days
    Debbie - 125 days
    Carrie - 105 days
    Paul - 95 days
    Jill - 60

**You'll need to report in each Sunday or Monday to be included in the leader board. Let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. I will be updating your numbers in increments of 5 for simplicity's sake.

If you would like to be added to the log in board let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. We will update as we go! Good luck everyone!
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Sorry it took me all day to get this up! We are on our "wilderness" vacation and I remembered the challenge while we were out hiking today! See I was thinking about you guys while hikin'! :-)

I am going to run and get dinner. Will update the number after dinner.

Would someone be willing to take over posting the challenge next Monday? We may or may not have internet next week around this time. Just let me know!

Cheers,
    Sara Grace
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Oh no i totally forgot to log in my days, sorry sarah. I'm on 95 now.
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Buff again!
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    I'm going with Buff! With weather permitting, I am planning on doing more bike riding!
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    big daddy again and my spice of life will be to do some water play activity at home with my son..personal goal to burn 3500 calories this week
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Ok, got the numbers updated for the last week. Sorry about the delay.

Today we went driving on the most scenic highway I have ever been on! We saw marmots, elk, and mountain goats! We also did a very short hike to another waterfall. Lovely!

I bet I can make elite this week with all the hiking!
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    70 minutes total logged so far for the week... Hopefully can get a lot of walking in this weekend!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 235
    Personal Goal: Didn't officially make one, but I wanted to run more than 4 miles at a time. I haven't done that since my 10K March 31. My BFF talked me into doing a 10K with her on July 4, so did a 4 mile run today to test my endurance. I think I might be ok!
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): Didn't do this one.
    Days logged in: 290
  • PJYoung2012
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 717 for 5767 calories burnt at 8.04 calories a minute
    Personal Goal: Yes on all counts :-)
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): Yes i managed to get in 2 hikes in prep for 3 peaks
    Days logged in: 100

Water was over 8 glasses per day. Very pleased with this week all in all, Training for 3 peaks is going well and i'm feeling strong,
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): Yes i managed to get in 2 hikes in prep for 3 peaks

Water was over 8 glasses per day. Very pleased with this week all in all, Training for 3 peaks is going well and i'm feeling strong,

I looked up Three peaks, and that sounds amazing! What a cool goal!
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    Personal Goal: NO :( I only burned 3215 calories and I wanted 3500
    Exercise Minutes: 433
    "Variety is the Spice of Life": YES!! I did the water play with my son
    Days logged in: 105
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    Edit days logged to 115 not 105 my bad!
  • PJYoung2012
    Options

I looked up Three peaks, and that sounds amazing! What a cool goal!

I'm doing the Yorkshire 3 peaks. Depending on how it goes i might try for the national one :-).