NEWBIE: BMR and TDEE – what to put down for exercise?

Options
Hi,

I just starting EM2WL last week and I have used the Scooby calculator for my BMR and TDEE. My current numbers are:-

Current Weight: 141 lbs
Body Fat % = 22.6%
Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) = 1470
Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) = 1757
Daily Calorie Needs (15% less than TDEE) = 1494

I put down that I am sedentary. However, I walk to and from work everyday which is 30 minutes medium pace and I am currently doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I just want your advice on what activity level I should be putting down? And also if I don’t workout/walk one day should I stick to my current numbers on those days?

Thanks in advance

Kels x

ps is scooby the best calculator?

Replies

• jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I would think you would be at least moderate. You have 1 hour per day with your walk and JM dvds, at least 5 days per week (if you work 5 days) and moderate is 3-5 hours.
    You would eat your TDEE- cut every day no matter if you exercise or not.
    You will get a bigger difference between bmr and TDEEcut once you bump up your activity level, but the only time you eat back is if you have a really active day and burn more than usual, if that nets you below bmr, then eat back enough to get your net back up above 1470.

Scooby is what is recommended here.
  • kels136
    kels136 Posts: 55
    Options
    My New Calculations are:-

BMR:- 1463
    TDEE: 2269
    Daily Calorie Needs (15% less than TDEE) = 1928

That is based on the following figures:-

Female
    5ft 6 inches
    141 lbs
    23 years old
    moderate exercise
    lose -15%

Does this sound about right? feels like a lot of food to be eating.
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    That sounds more reasonable to me, but I am bumping this up to see if someone else wants to chime in.
    The best gift you can give yourself at your age is to learn to eat well and fuel your workouts. You won't struggle for the next 15-20 years like I have. Good luck! Oh, and make sure you give it some time to level itself out, read the "what to expect" sticky if you haven't yet.