welcome to my 30 pounds challenge for october!

Options
elartigue
elartigue Posts: 12 Member
lets get it started !!!!

SW: 242
CW 242
GW: 212

Replies

• HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Is it okay if I join, even if I don't quite have 30 pounds? (I'm just under)
  • ish_lane
    ish_lane Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm down 1, but I need ALOT more exercise to make this work. I started scheduling it on my calendar. It feels wrong somehow to schedule time for myself.
  • ish_lane
    ish_lane Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The more the merrier!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    OK
    SW: 156.8
    CW: 156.8
    GW: 136.8

is it ok that I only want to lose 20?
  • chorrinda
    chorrinda Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I look forward to the challenge. Is anyone using any at home programs? I have a hard time getting to the gym on regularly. It is so inconsistent that I can not expect progress that way. I have p90x, which I did several years ago, when I was in better shape. I don't think I am ready to dive right back into that. Anyone have some suggestions?
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    CW: 242
    GW: 212
  • choface
    choface Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    cw: 176
    gw 146
  • jcreynolds98
    jcreynolds98 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    SW: 205.5
    CW: 205.5
    GW: 175.5
  • ahorn586
    ahorn586 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm ready for the challenge!!! Let's go!!! :happy:
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    sQk2F.jpg
    SW:330
    CW:326
    GW (for this challenge):296
  • fitandfab96
    fitandfab96 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So motivated! c:
    CW: 181
    GW: 150
  • jennifer_cumbee
    Options
    First day...I need to get down 30lb by October 2 for my sisters wedding. I am looking for a group to help motivate everyone.
    sw:160
    cw:157 (weigh in last friday 6/15/12)
    gw:130

:) I will weigh in once a week every Friday....Good Luck to All
  • WendyA1119
    WendyA1119 Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm in!

Current Weight- 164lbs
    Gaol Weight- 125lbs

Lets get motivated people and really get rid of those 30lbs never to be seen again come October. :)

Best of luck to us all.

Wendy
  • carriedag
    carriedag Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is great. I am so up for this. I've lost 48 pounds so far and have 32 more to go before I reach my goal. I can't slack now! Could really use some help to keep me motivated. I have a habit of not finishing things that I start. I want to finish this!

SW: 192 - 06/15/2012
    CW: 192
    GW: 160
  • sonomawinesnob1
    Options
    I'm in - and need all the motivation I can get (don't we all?).

CW - 145
    GW - 115 (or a little less if toned)

Goodbye 30 pounds of FAT and the 'muffin top.' I hate the muffin top.
  • jnertoli
    jnertoli Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in...I need motivation as well...and need to lost more then lbs but this will be a nice start :)
    SW 227
    CW 214
    GW 170
  • Krodrig3
    Krodrig3 Posts: 1
    Options
    This sounds fun! I could absolutely use the motivation!!!

SW: 201 lbs
    CW: 188.6 lbs
    GW:130 lbs
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    Options
    I'm down 1, but I need ALOT more exercise to make this work. I started scheduling it on my calendar. It feels wrong somehow to schedule time for myself.

Don't worry, it's not wrong, but totally normal to feel guilty. BUT making time for your health will allow you to be around for those who need and love you. :smile:

14877786.png
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    I'm always up for a challenge! Count me in!

SW: 240
    CW: 224
    GW: 194
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    Options
    I look forward to the challenge. Is anyone using any at home programs? I have a hard time getting to the gym on regularly. It is so inconsistent that I can not expect progress that way. I have p90x, which I did several years ago, when I was in better shape. I don't think I am ready to dive right back into that. Anyone have some suggestions?

I do videos all the time. I find like being alone so I can push hard without worrying what other people think of how I look. Plus, it's much easier and faster to go to my living room and pushing play, rather than getting dressed, going to a gym, changing, working out, showering, changing again, etc. But that's just me. I generally love the Beach Body videos. I have Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs, Yoga Booty Ballet & Chalean Extreme so far. I don't feel like I'm at the point to do P90X either, and I am working up to it one day. I also have Denise Austin videos, dance videos, yoga, tai chi, kick boxing, tae bo, Richard Simmons, Jillian Michaels and others. There's an exercise formula in Chalene Johnson's book that I recently started to follow, and I love it.

Each week:

3 days strength circuits of approximately 30 minutes each
    3 days intense, short-duration cardiovascular workouts (25 to 40 minutes)
    2 days moderate-intensity, long duration cardio vascular workouts (45 to 90 minutes)
    1 day moderate- to low-intensity cardiovascular activity for 30 minutes or more
    1 or 2 days flexibility workouts, post cardiovascular exercise (20 minutes minimum)

Hope this helps at least a little!

14877786.png