welcome to my 30 pounds challenge for october!

Options

Replies

• amrie81
    amrie81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have way more to lose than just 30lbs but it lines right up with my lbs/week rate I'm trying for. It'll be a great mini-goal!

SW 210
    CW 207
    OCT 7 GW 175
    GW 135
  • jackiebebby
    jackiebebby Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am in! Thank you for making this group! I am getting married in January and have this amount to lose!! I had lost 9 pounds, got on the scale after a really horrible few weeks and 7 is back! How Easyyy those pounds get comfy with us again! LOL! It will be great to see everyone's success! Good Luck to ALL!

Goal: -30

(Sorry guys- I don't even feel comfortable getting on the scale for the doctor! LOL)
  • betancourta229
    betancourta229 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    SW 233 (prior to starting mfp)
    CW 230 (today on mfp)
    GW 199

I know it's 31 lbs but I'm determined to get down to the 100's mark again! This is my first mini goal in my plan.
  • Rochie81
    Rochie81 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    SW: 310.6 lbs. (weight at the beginning of this challenge)
    CW: 310.6 lbs.
    GW: 275 lbs.
  • kirat147
    kirat147 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    haha... nice cat!
  • kirat147
    kirat147 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    SW: 160
    CW:160
    GW: 130
    i'm super excited to join this group!! hopefully i'll be able to drop 30 pounds by october.. looking forward to the support and help :)
  • xiNfaMouSDPG
    xiNfaMouSDPG Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the weight lost thing with myfitnesspal now for around 2 months. I have lost some weight and I like the challenge of losing 30 lbs by October. We can all do it!
  • LydiaA82
    LydiaA82 Posts: 36
    Options
    Me too!
    CW - 212
    GW - 182

I will post weight every Monday
    Will need lots of motivation please lol
    X
  • Viveyp21
    Viveyp21 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    CW: 252
    GW: 200 yes i swear i can count i know its more than 30 lol!
  • MrsMichel
    MrsMichel Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I have a lot more to lose than 30 pounds but this is a great way to jump back in! Please feel free to add me as a friend, always looking for support buddies!! Good luck everyone.
    Do we have a weigh in day? If not, I will weigh in every Sunday!

SW: 293
    CW: 277
    GW for this challenge: 247
  • rmil102
    rmil102 Posts: 11
    Options
    SW - 196
    CW - 188
    GW - 158

This would get me to my goal weight - v. Excited!! I've also signed up to running a half marathon in October in Birmingham so this is great timing!!

Good luck everyone!!

Feel free to add me as a pal - we can support each other!!
  • kie_kie
    kie_kie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I look forward to the challenge. Is anyone using any at home programs? I have a hard time getting to the gym on regularly. It is so inconsistent that I can not expect progress that way. I have p90x, which I did several years ago, when I was in better shape. I don't think I am ready to dive right back into that. Anyone have some suggestions?

I'm about to start insanity... i did it for a couple weeks once and it worked but I didnt finish and went back to old habits
    I plan on starting over and sticking to it. You can try it if you want. I recommend it.

I think the P90X is mostly for strength training though. I know persons who do P90X with insanity after they have lost a significant amount of weight.

almost forgot
    CW 262
    GW(by october) 230 (or more)
    GW 140
  • ymachick
    ymachick Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have way more than 30, but this is a great motivation! Here we go!

SW: 233 (April 2010)
    CW: 212 (June 19)
    GW: 180 (for this challenge)
    Ultimate GW: 145 (or a size 8/10, whichever is applicable)

My ultimate goal is actually more a size than a weight. I haven't been at my ideal weight in over 20 years so I'm not sure what that even looks like. Now that I'm older and wiser (LOL), I think I'll know it when I see it.
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Lets do this!!!

Challenge
    SW: 196.8
    GW: 164lbs

Just a little over 30lbs I want to lose. I started doing the zig-zag calorie thing about a week and a half ago, and since then I have lost 2 lbs. I will now start getting back on track with my exercising starting tomorrow with Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, and will do that 3 days a week. I will also be training for a 5k i have in sept, and will be do that 2 days a week. Then hit the gym when can.
  • kreuzen
    kreuzen Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    SW: 171
    CW 171
    GW: 155

I love groups that are motivating and positive! Let's GO! :bigsmile:
  • Kryn_K
    Kryn_K Posts: 44
    Options
    SW: 125
    CW: 155
    GW: 130
  • newbiesandra
    Options
    SW: 203
    CW: 201
    GW: 150

I am still concidered obest til i hit 170lbs so it is off to the races from now on, hope i make it without any difficulities.
  • tkarguijo
    tkarguijo Posts: 35
    Options

SW = Start Weight When you started MFP ( MFP= My fitness pal)
    CW= Current Weight
    GW= Goal Weight

Hope this helps! :)

There are a ton of others that i just don't understand. ha ha...

Thanks! That is what I was figuring, but I wanted to make sure. :happy:

SW: 198
    CW: 196
    GW: 140
  • Linlyoness
    Linlyoness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. Just looking for motivation and MFP friends. Great idea. This year for Halloween i want to be thin!!! lol :)
    My name is Linda. I just started about 2 weeks ago and am down 4 lbs so far. Good luck to everyone!
  • olivia12077
    olivia12077 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted!
    1st GW: July 7th-- 140
    2nd GW: August 7th-- 130
    3rd GW: September 7th 125
    4th GW: October 7th 120:-)