The Daily Accountability Thread

Options

Replies

• Stephy_LP
    Stephy_LP Posts: 20
    Options
    Hey y'all!! Just wanted to say how proud I am of us all!! It is so great to have ppl come together to encourage each other to be healthy!!

I have managed to stay under my calories for the past 4 days and worked out 3 out of those days! That has never happened before and I just wanted to say, THANKS for the support of the group!!

Hope y'all are having a great weekend!
  • Fab4life1
    Fab4life1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I met my goal of drinking water and exercising. Sadly, I did not eat any fruit and I went over my calories. Oh well...
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    So I guess I was in a bit of a slum this weekend. I didn't workout any and I went over my calories both days. I did drink just water, but not much of it. I was doing so great for so long and all of a sudden I started craving all the foods I've given up.Any tips for kicking cravings to the curb??
  • GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    So I guess I was in a bit of a slum this weekend. I didn't workout any and I went over my calories both days. I did drink just water, but not much of it. I was doing so great for so long and all of a sudden I started craving all the foods I've given up.Any tips for kicking cravings to the curb??

Take a look at what you ate in the previous 24 hours. (You did log it ALL down, right?) Did anything sneak in there? Too many carbs can make your blood sugar do weird things. Your body then expects more carbs, to maintain the BS level. To meet that expectation ... cravings.

Take a look at what you have been eating over the past weeks or months. Is there anything that your nutrition plan might be omitting? A diet without enough variety can cause cravings.

Craving salt? Are you getting enough calcium?

Also take a look at your life. Are you more stressed than normal? Carbs boost our levels of serotonin, the relaxing hormone. If you are more stressed, your body might be looking to be calmed with more serotonin, and is asking for carbs to provide that release.

Instead of eating junk, try more exercise. That can reduce stress, too.

My final suggestion is to read this article. Many of us visualize our craved-food images. Maybe the article will help you find something that you can visualize instead of the food you are craving.

Good luck!!

http://psychcentral.com/news/2010/05/18/food-cravings-explained/13908.html
  • JensQi
    JensQi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi Its Me today's Goal move and get fresh air!!:smile:
  • babylove1951
    Options
    Hey does anyone else find the weekends the most tempting. I think it's something about being able to sleep late, and having access to a full pantry that makes me want to eat. I didn't fall off the bandwagon, but I definitely wasn't as careful as I am during the week. My mini goal for today is to take a zumba class at the gym after I'm done with the PT. Trying to start the week off right and get a good amount of my exercise goal out of the way.
  • MrsSweetT
    MrsSweetT Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey does anyone else find the weekends the most tempting. I think it's something about being able to sleep late, and having access to a full pantry that makes me want to eat. I didn't fall off the bandwagon, but I definitely wasn't as careful as I am during the week. My mini goal for today is to take a zumba class at the gym after I'm done with the PT. Trying to start the week off right and get a good amount of my exercise goal out of the way.

Yes, I have the same problem w/the weekends, especially if I'm out shopping. I was still able to stay w/in my calories but I didn't put much thought into what I ate nor did I try to see that I had any fruits or veggies. I think if I plan out my meals for the weekend and make sure that I eat & get full before I leave out the door then I'll do a lot better.

I think we both can get control of this...
  • MrsSweetT
    MrsSweetT Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My mini goals for today is to try and do the entire JM 30DS...may have to take a break or pause the DVD but I would love to get through it completely.

Also, moving slow today in drinking my water...only had two cups so I guess I'll add getting in 11.2 more cups of water as another mini goal.
  • MandyAnnV
    MandyAnnV Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My mini goal for today, stay under on my daily sodium and get to the gym to workout!
  • MandyAnnV
    Options
    I met my goal of drinking water and exercising. Sadly, I did not eat any fruit and I went over my calories. Oh well...

I have the opossite problem, I have no problem getting in my fruit, its the veggies I struggle with somedays. Just pick up, and start again, it is a new day!
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    My goal today is to knock out some of the things on my to-do-list - a lot of cleaning, laundry, errands, etc. Its tough because AF reared her ugly head today but I'm still pushing on.
  • jenguhl
    jenguhl Posts: 79
    Options
    My goal for today is to hit the gym after work. I had a bad weekend with graduation parties and Bunco so I really need to make up for it this week.
  • GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My goal for today is to not beat myself up. My diet, (except for Saturday), has been spot on for 14 weeks. My knee injury from 13.5 weeks (which was followed by a blood clot), had been improving, but is worse since Thursday night when I overdid it. I had been working out quite hard for the last few weeks, until Friday, when I really pushed myself. (I've done a little activity every day, just not as strenuous.) I'm giving myself permission to not work out today. I'll see what my Physical Therapist says tomorrow. I'll keep going with the diet, (AKA nutritional program), and know that the exercise part of this journey will come in time. I'm not going to be upset that I'm up a pound from a few days ago. I know it will come.
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options

Take a look at what you ate in the previous 24 hours. (You did log it ALL down, right?) Did anything sneak in there? Too many carbs can make your blood sugar do weird things. Your body then expects more carbs, to maintain the BS level. To meet that expectation ... cravings.

Take a look at what you have been eating over the past weeks or months. Is there anything that your nutrition plan might be omitting? A diet without enough variety can cause cravings.

Craving salt? Are you getting enough calcium?

Also take a look at your life. Are you more stressed than normal? Carbs boost our levels of serotonin, the relaxing hormone. If you are more stressed, your body might be looking to be calmed with more serotonin, and is asking for carbs to provide that release.

Instead of eating junk, try more exercise. That can reduce stress, too.

My final suggestion is to read this article. Many of us visualize our craved-food images. Maybe the article will help you find something that you can visualize instead of the food you are craving.

Good luck!!

http://psychcentral.com/news/2010/05/18/food-cravings-explained/13908.html

Thanks for the info. I think this helps me alot. A co-worker recently quit and things have been very stressful in the office picking up the slack. This may have something to do with my cravings. I'm going to try hard to fight the cravings till things settle back down at work. That article was very informational. I'm going to try to keep my mind on other things so I wont think about the food so much. Thanks for the support!!!
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Today my goal is to workout, clean my room (it got rearranged and stuff still needs to be put back!), finish 2 chapters of Technical Writing (my most hated subject) and not grab any fast food or frozen dinners today!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    today my goal is to do some deap cleaning we just got back from vacation last week and my house is in serious need of a cleaning and keep putting it off so now its time to get my booty in gear and get to it. ( plus get to the gym tonight and get my water in for the day)
  • JensQi
    JensQi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    More Exesice output today and of course with breaks in between:heart: ;o)along with water intake:flowerforyou:
  • MandyAnnV
    Options
    Goal for today:

Stick to the no animal protein for the day (one suggestion in thee Skinny Rules).

Will see how this goes, I at one time had thought about becoming a vegitarian, but never followed through (so proves the countless books in my Kindle app :)
  • EllenBe
    EllenBe Posts: 31
    Options
    Goal for today is to go for a run. I'm really not feeling it but must not give in to the temptation to not go!
  • MandyAnnV
    Options
    Mini Goals for Today:

Drink more water

Get at least a Wii workout in (feeling under the weather big time)