30's Daily - 6/19

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)
Emily (emom3boys)

Replies

• shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm so frustrated and mad I could cry. Actually I did cry.

I was out for my run at lunch as usual. I've been having a hard time competing the runs without stopping so I decided to slow my pace even further. Although it felt unbelievably slow, it was working, my HR was staying low (mostly under 170 for me) and I wasn't getting out of breath. I could tell I was going to finish the 2.6 miles no problem.

Right around the 2.3 mile mark there's a little footbridge, and my toe caught the lip and I fell. Remember, I have no leg reflexes anymore, so I pretty much sprawled on my stomach and arms. My knee and elbow are scraped, and my palm/thumb is bruised and/or sprained. I had enough time to realize I was going to fall and tried to get my legs to react, but no dice.

The really crazy part about it was I had been thinking about 1/4 mile earlier how far I've come and realized it had been at least a year since I last fell. At first I fell every few weeks. And while I'm thankful I have healed as well as I have, my pride is still hurt and I still get mad when these things happen, and frustrated/upset that this ever happened to me.

Thanks for letting me rant.
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm so frustrated and mad I could cry. Actually I did cry.

I was out for my run at lunch as usual. I've been having a hard time competing the runs without stopping so I decided to slow my pace even further. Although it felt unbelievably slow, it was working, my HR was staying low (mostly under 170 for me) and I wasn't getting out of breath. I could tell I was going to finish the 2.6 miles no problem.

Right around the 2.3 mile mark there's a little footbridge, and my toe caught the lip and I fell. Remember, I have no leg reflexes anymore, so I pretty much sprawled on my stomach and arms. My knee and elbow are scraped, and my palm/thumb is bruised and/or sprained. I had enough time to realize I was going to fall and tried to get my legs to react, but no dice.

The really crazy part about it was I had been thinking about 1/4 mile earlier how far I've come and realized it had been at least a year since I last fell. At first I fell every few weeks. And while I'm thankful I have healed as well as I have, my pride is still hurt and I still get mad when these things happen, and frustrated/upset that this ever happened to me.

Thanks for letting me rant.

There's nothing wrong with getting angry and frustrated, so long as you let it fuel you to try that much harder, rather than hold you back. I think we all know how you use it. :wink: You've come a long way, and you're bound to go farther still!!