Upcoming Races, what are yours?

Options

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Good thing you're already committed to another race, and kwaz is doing NJ, or my dumb *kitten* would probably sign up to run with either of you.

Decided to bail on CMC Brooklyn, and now doing Battlefrog PA. I couldn't pass up such a unique venue. I'll get a 50% off code, maybe even 70%, and then you won't have an excuse. :tongue:
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to do the spartan workout in Austin on September 13. Anybody else going? I am thinking of doing Dallas and won't commit until after the workout as I have no idea of what to expect as I have never done any of these races.
  • ColossusCain
    ColossusCain Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Spartan needs Volunteers for this Sunday at Amesbury park. Who wants to volunteer with me then run the race at 2 for $14?
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    Off to run a few laps at the Amesbury Spartan Sprint!
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    Amesbury Spartan was great! A runner's course, for sure. They added two miles to last year's course, but only additional obstacle was a Tarzan swing. Lots of hills!

Norm Koch (course designer) just posted re: the Wintergreen VA Super. "Hope everyone is getting excited. I am flying in this week to start working on the Course. Its a Ski Resort, yes a Mountain!!! Its steep and rocky, what I'm saying is be prepared. Don't drink alcohol the night before, this isn't a fun run, mud run, or tough mudder. This is Spartan!!! So STFU eat good meal, hydrate for a couple days, BRING A HYDRATION SYSTEM, Don't just show up with one, train and practice with it. If you need extra energy plan for it, don't try anything new. That's the kiss of death, no new drinks, gells, protein."

I'm rethinking skipping this one, as I legit got the chills and think I must attend now! Sounds like a tortuous blast. I've got a place to stay, season pass cost is only $14, and only thing keeping me from going is gas prices....hmmm!
  • concertbork
    Options
    I really wanted to do the Spartan Race at AT&T Park in San Francisco last weekend (go Giants) but simply couldn't make it up to the Bay Area. I am all signed up for the December 7th race in Malibu, and can't wait to kick the crap out of the course.
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    RUN ALL THE RACES! :)
  • kwaz29
    kwaz29 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Just committed myself to volunteering for the Battlefrog in Pittsburgh-think I'm gonna go for the 15k in the afternoon this time!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Tough Mudder Michigan on Sept 20th!
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    Just committed to Warrior Dash PA next weekend. I will be sad not to make it to the Wintergreen Super, but I just can't get that far. And realistically, I need a down weekend to let my body recover a bit. And there will only be pain at Wintergreen! (I want to go!)
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Just signed up for the Atlanta Tough Mudder next May.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    YOU WERE GONNA DO BATTLEFROG??????
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    Aw! This is no good!
  • Fasttrack2freedom
    Fasttrack2freedom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm signed up for the spartan beast in vt in September ! I month to prepare ... Tried last year and didn't complete it . This year I'm gonna finish
  • kwaz29
    kwaz29 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    YOU WERE GONNA DO BATTLEFROG??????

Yep, they have it right here in Pittsburgh. Summer keeps raving about it and offered me a discount code. But I'm not gonna be able to do it. Why? I have to give civil service exams to prospective refuse drivers.

So no, instead of crawling under barbed wire and climbing cargo nets I'll be testing garbage men.

Working sucks.

NOOO :( Is it all day? Come for the last heat!