Lowering my calories

Options
polza1888
polza1888 Posts: 87 Member
Doing the EM2WL diet i increased from 1400 to 2051 daily calories. Been doing it for 2 weeks and struggling to eat my calories. On scooby I put down as exercising 1-3 times a week so my calories were based on that. Would this still work if i lower scooby to no exercise and then when I work out - eat my calories back so that I'm eating less per day when not exercising?

Replies

• jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Only if I can have your extra calories :P
    When I read posts like yours, I wonder what is wrong with me! I could easily eat 3000 calories a day. I have to plan out my day in order to not go over my 2400/2500 calories right now.
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Only if I can have your extra calories :P
    When I read posts like yours, I wonder what is wrong with me! I could easily eat 3000 calories a day. I have to plan out my day in order to not go over my 2400/2500 calories right now.

This!

So much planning!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I think before lowering your calories you should spend more time looking for some higher caloric foods that will use up your calories without making you feel full.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Just checked out your diary, I think you can definitely make some small changes like adding in some peanut butter or a tbsp of healthy oil into your smoothies/shakes. That will add a few hundred calories to your day right there.
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have the same question as the OP. I would be too afraid to eat that much on days that I don't work out. I feel much more comfortable eating back some of my exercise calories instead. Especially because my workouts vary from week to week both in frequency and intensity!
  • avalynsmom
    avalynsmom Posts: 78
    Options
    Ok, here's my opinion/experience, fwiw. When I started em2wl, I felt like it made more sense to just set my goals to my bmr and eat back exercise cals so I wouldn't eat too much on non workout days. I tried that for awhile, but I was more hungry on non workout days/lesser workout days, and the scale wouldn't budge. I went back up to what fat2fit has for moderate activity level, for me, which is 2300. I eat that amount every day, no matter what. Last week was my rest week from New Rules, and my schedule was all off, so I actually only worked out ONE day last week, technically, one day out of 9. I lost 3lbs in that time! That's the most I've lost in that same amt of time since I started new rules!

My point is, don't be scared to really eat those cals! When i first upped, after the bmr+ period, I went to 2500 cals cause I was working out 6days/wk, and the weight was just MELTING off! I lost 12lbs in like 4wks. It only slowed once I started lifting heavy and building muscle. Imo, your body needs regular, consistent feedings to lose weight consistently:)
  • polza1888
    polza1888 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies, I guess I'm just feeling a tad worried now as in the beginning when I first started I lost over 5lbs in the first week and then another 1lsb and now i'm putting it all back on and that's with doing my gym 1-3 times a week and eating 2051 cals, just seems to be all coming back on.

I'll give it another week or two before I think about shifting my calories down