Should I do a reset? (Conference in 3 weeks)

Options
Seminolegirl97
Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
I have a conference in Arizona in 3 weeks time. I am afraid to do a full reset with it so close. I do not want to spend 5 days in a beautiful resort bloaded and miserable. I've been eating at cut and haven't gotten on the scale. (My clothes do not feel different.) But I feel like I should do a full reset. Would a two week reset be ok? Or should I skip it altogether?

Replies

• onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but whatever you decide, I support you 100%.
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eating at the cut amount? And prior to that what were you doing and for how long?
  • Seminolegirl97
    Options
    How long have you been eating at the cut amount? And prior to that what were you doing and for how long?

Cut for about a month now. 15% less.

Prior to that 1200 or less! Horrible Horrible Horrible.
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    How long were you doing 1200 or less?
  • Seminolegirl97
    Options
    How long were you doing 1200 or less?

6 months tracking and then probably my entire adult life!
  • Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Can always stick with your cut until you return, you'd be ready for a diet break anyway by then.
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Why does it need to be a 2 week reset? I've seen a lot of people post that switching to a zig-zag caloric intake helped break plateaus and speed their losses. You could try that and see how it works for you.
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I say wait until you get back too. The way I look at it is that you've waited this long to do the reset you might as well wait a few more weeks. Or you could start the reset whilst at the conference. Chances are you won't have a problem hitting your caloric target whilst there because there'll be loads of food. It might be easier than still being at your cut allowance.
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I say wait until you get back too. The way I look at it is that you've waited this long to do the reset you might as well wait a few more weeks. Or you could start the reset whilst at the conference. Chances are you won't have a problem hitting your caloric target whilst there because there'll be loads of food. It might be easier than still being at your cut allowance.

I agree with waiting until the conference (or after) to start the reset, you are only talking about a couple of weeks difference.