New and questions about changes in activity level

spaingirl2011
spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking around this group for awhile now and it's been great to see everyone's successes and how supportive everyone is.

Here's some information about me: I'm 27, 5'4, 145lbs and I've been living in Madrid for the past 2 1/2 months. This has been a huge lifestyle change and I've become far more active than I could ever have imagined. Aside from 2 hours of cardio and body weight exercises (don't have the money for a gym and I live in creaky, old apartment building with a very strict landlady, so no exercise videos for me!) most days of the week and the general amount of walking I do here, I've managed to drop weight very quickly. I still have about 2 weeks left in Spain, but it's occurred to me that a)I probably don't eat nearly enough for my activity level, b) that activity level is going to decrease dramatically when I move back to California.

I want to lose weight and look good and I don't want to screw up my metabolism by doing that. Any suggestions of what I can do now to help stabilize my metabolism and how I can adapt that to a new, less active lifestyle in California while not undoing everything I've worked hard for up until now?

One of the other reasons I'm reaching out to you is because I realized that my actual workouts have become less fueled. I feel tired doing them and my guess is that I'm not eating enough to to sustain them.

Thanks so much for all of your help!

Replies

• spaingirl2011
    bump?
  • spaingirl2011
    *crickets*
  • heidi5k
    heidi5k Posts: 181 Member
    Sounds like, with your "naturally active" lifestyle, you're in a great place to be really healthy. I also think you're right on with your assumption that you need to get fueled.

I am somewhat of a newbie, but right off, you should get a little more precise about your activity level, and your intake.

Have you checked out the Scooby calculator? This is a good, but generic, way to get a starting point.
  • Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    Here's the link for scooby to get your totals http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Eat now for your current activity level, once you move adjust your activity level accordingly.
  • spaingirl2011
    Thanks so much! I have a feeling I'll be feeling much better during my workouts with more fuel ... to say nothing of simply running around the city!