New to swimming

Options
Hi!
I am just starting to swim again after 5 years. I am doing a 0to1650 program and just started today! Just looking for support and any hints along the way to increase stamina and endurance for the exercise that I love most!

Replies

• arserine
    arserine Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    The biggest tip I can give you is to work on technique. Once you can swim efficiently then you can start working on endurance and it will come SO much easier to you. You won't be fighting yourself in the water the whole time. Start small and you'll get there in no time!
  • SnowAngel80
    Options
    Thanks, arserine! I will keep working on my technique and beuilding up my endurance!
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I also started swimming again this week, i have been twice this week and thoroughly enjoyed both workouts :)
  • SnowAngel80
    Options
    :smile: I have been twice as well! I love how I feel at the end of the workout..just tired enough that I can feel I did something but not completely wiped out like I did after using the treadmill..
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    :smile: I have been twice as well! I love how I feel at the end of the workout..just tired enough that I can feel I did something but not completely wiped out like I did after using the treadmill..

Swimming is so much more enjoyable than going to the gym etc. I feel so nice after a hard day at work then doing a workout in the pool, I always sleep well after swimming too :) xxx