two workouts a day is killing me- Week 1

Options
moniquedeanne
moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
Just started J.M Body Revolution Week 1 and doing two workouts a day is killing me. Tomorrow is my Day 3 Cardio 1/Cardio 1 I'm not sure if I should die trying to do them together or do one in the morning and one at night. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and see how I feel tomorrow. Without the added cardio I really like Week 1 so far though.

Replies

• KGTraxler
    KGTraxler Posts: 144
    Options
    My advice is to split it up. That way you at least get some rest time. That's how I started out the first week; doing them back to back made it more intolerable.
  • tra428
    tra428 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just started on monday as well! And I totally feel ya, its hard haha are you following the diet too? So far I have been to the letter which surprised me! But everything has been really tasty so far...except that I can't quite get used to eating greek yogurt plain...
  • moniquedeanne
    Options
    I started to follow the diet, but her plan is just too expensive. I'm just eating clean and keeping my calories around 1200. I did cardio 1 two times in a row today and I have to admit it wasn't so bad. I was seriously dreading the double cardio too. I wish I could break them up into morning and night, but I work late and then making dinner from scratch takes time. Only 3 more days that's what I keep telling myself and then I'll only have 30 min. workouts.
  • FineassTJ
    FineassTJ Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday as well doing 2 workouts a day for the kickstart and needless to say I am sore as hell and its only day 3. I did Cardio 1 this morning and will be doing Cardio 1 again tonight. I dread doing it but once I am finished, I feel so accomplished. Lets finish strong everybody! We can do this! 3 more days!
  • rosarenee1
    rosarenee1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Just started J.M Body Revolution Week 1 and doing two workouts a day is killing me. Tomorrow is my Day 3 Cardio 1/Cardio 1 I'm not sure if I should die trying to do them together or do one in the morning and one at night. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and see how I feel tomorrow. Without the added cardio I really like Week 1 so far though.

I totally understand! That was intense to start off. As for the double cardio, I split it up! Good luck!
  • FineassTJ
    Options
    Just finished day 3 cardio 1 (for the 2nd time) LOL I was falling asleep on the couch but something told me to wake up and do my workout and I did. I am so proud of myself. Its only day 3 but I have never been this motivated in my life. 2 workouts in one day is getting easier as the days go along. Onto day 4 tomorrow and I am excited! Good luck to everyone!!
  • chicatita
    chicatita Posts: 193 Member
    Options

I also started Body Revolution this week. I did not do Cardio 1 twice today. I'm not burning a whole lot on Cardio 1 (jillian, why are you being so nice? lol), so I decided to do Cardio 1 one time, and in the evening I did Turbo Jam/Cardio Party just to add some variety to my work out.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    The first week is a killer, but keep at. I lost 6lbs in the first week. I gained a lb the 2nd week, but lost an 1 1/2. Now I'm halfway through week 3. I try to do an extra workout at the gym a couple times a week using the kickstart week as my motivator that I can push it even further.
  • tra428
    Options
    I started to follow the diet, but her plan is just too expensive. I'm just eating clean and keeping my calories around 1200. I did cardio 1 two times in a row today and I have to admit it wasn't so bad. I was seriously dreading the double cardio too. I wish I could break them up into morning and night, but I work late and then making dinner from scratch takes time. Only 3 more days that's what I keep telling myself and then I'll only have 30 min. workouts.

You're a real trooper doing it back to back! I did both of todays cardios just a few hours apart and was all 'bluuuhhhh' after...not going to lie, indulged in some light beers and angel food cake tonight. As long as its within my calorie budget right? Ahh!
  • FineassTJ
    Options
    Day 4 today and I did workout 1 this morning and will do cardio 1 tonight. I woke up less sore today and feeling great but after all those squats today on workout 1, I am sure my soreness will be back tomorrow. Does anyone know when the soreness officially goes away? Its funny because you really don't feel the soreness while you are working out but the minute you are done, everything in your body hurts. Still feeling great and motivated! Good luck everyone!
  • moniquedeanne
    Options
    It's day 4 and I woke up feeling less sore which feels great. I'm going to do Day 1 followed by Cardio 1 and later in the day I'm going to the gym to do legs (squats, leg press, extensions, curls, and calves). I'm trying to pace Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer weightlifting program along side JMBR. So far so good. I can't wait to be done with Week 1.
  • moniquedeanne
    Options
    As long as you continue to push yourself and your workouts get increasingly difficult you should always be just a little sore, but not as sore as the first couple of weeks. It's like you're waking your muscles up and they are complaining. At least that's how my muscles feel this week, lol.
  • moniquedeanne
    Options
    Alcohol slows your metabolism so the beers aren't the best choich to use your calories on. I feel you though. I'm on medication this week that I can't have alcohol with so I'm good this week, but its going to be damn difficult not to drink at all this summer. I mean its summer come on pool parites, days at the lake, camping, bbq's, going out to dinner. I'm literally praying for will power, but hey everything in moderation, right.
  • Innerautumn
    Innerautumn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking how glad I am that I had to do two workouts a day the first week. Now that I only have to do one, it is a piece of cake! I did one workout in the morning and one at the cardio 1 at night. It was rough, but I made it through and you can too!!!:smile:
  • moniquedeanne
    Options
    I can't wait until Week 1 is over. Only two more days thank goodness. I'm really looking forward to next week.
  • FineassTJ
    Options
    I just finished my 2nd workout for the day which was Cardio 1. I know its late but was busy up until this time and I refused to go to bed without doing my workout. So happy that 2 more days are left! I can do this!!!!
  • tra428
    Options
    I found that after doing the same workout twice (cardio x 2 on wed) that today doing cardio + workout 1 seemed easy! I think it was just an hour of the same thing that got me down. I don't know about you guys but the sorest part of me is my calves! All day long every where I walk I feel it. I think fast feet are to blame.
  • Jennifer_lynn85
    Options
    Keep it up guys! The first week is tough but like you said once you get through week 1 you only have 1~ 30min workout!!! They say if you keep it up for 6 weeks it just becomes a habit and you dont think twice about lacing up those shoes and pushing play!! I am on week 6 right now and I can def say it does get easier the longer you keep pusing yourself! Just be ready because workout 3 and 4 of course are more challenging then 1&2 but I have FAITH in all of you guys!!

Feel free to add me, I love having people doing the same workouts!
  • FineassTJ
    Options
    Just finished day 6 workout 2. I feel great and was able to do the whole video without taking 5-10 second breaks. Cardio 1 will be done tonight and I am dreaded the last day tomorrow because its double cardio LOL But I can and will do this! Keep it up guys!
  • moniquedeanne
    Options
    I have to admit my calves are killing me too. Finished W1/W2 plus Cardio 1 today and I can't wait for tomorrow's workout to be over already. Double cardio sucks. I'm afraid that if I split them up tomorrow then I'll get lazy and not do it. Just one more day, ahhhh. So looking forward to a nice easy rest day.