Macros - Are you 100% there?

Options
MeDoula
MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
How often 7 out of 7 days per week do you hit your macros goal 100%? I often have days where I get in 1-3% -\+. Is there a way to to check the circle in other members diaries? I'm curious :)

Replies

• c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    The best I can do is try to get as close as possible everyday, but I've NEVER been able to hit EXACTLY.
  • wonderkitten711
    wonderkitten711 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've been gradually working towards 40/30/30 and there are days I nail it, and days I'm way off. It's definitely a challenge.
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Options
    Macros are my biggest challenge! I am always pretty close, but I want to be right on!!

Dumb question- is there a way to check the circle graph on the regular website? The only place I have ever seen the circle is on my iPad app.
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Not a dumb question at all. I'm asking the same above ;p

Sorry for the typos. I'm on my phone ;)
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    nope :)

its an app thing only i wish it was on the site
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    How often 7 out of 7 days per week do you hit your macros goal 100%? I often have days where I get in 1-3% -\+. Is there a way to to check the circle in other members diaries? I'm curious :)

Bwahahaha! Never....although I try valiantly ever day. My diary is open to friends only....so, friend me lol! However, you'll have to ignore my past entries because I just changed my cal goals tonight from BMR up to TDEE cut (grocery shopping tomorrow..........note to self: don't jump into things that involve food in the middle of a grocery cycle...it will complicate life. :wink: :tongue: ), so nothing is going to look right in the past entries......but you'll still get the general idea.
  • junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    Options
    Although I work diligently to meet my macros, I don't think I've had a day yet where I hit all of them 100% on. I'm almost always under on protein...although I am doing so much better than I was before joining EM2LW. Sometimes I am over on carbs and I am often over on fat. I think the breakdown I end up with most often is something like 40% carbs, 33% fat, 27% protein...so, close to the goal anyway.

Even though I haven't nailed it yet, I am amazed at how much better the breakdown is than how it used to be...I was usually somewhere around 60% carbs, and didn't pay any attention to protein at all.
  • Daphnemomof9
    Daphnemomof9 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I work pretty hard to get my macros on target but don't stress if I'm off by 1-2 either way. I get pretty excited when I'm dead on though. I work hard to plan out my meal the night before, but it's keeping me up later than I'd like. I can't seem to work on it until I'm ready to go to bed. Ahhhh.....
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Work in Progress over here :tongue:
  • josephinabonetto
    josephinabonetto Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Not even close. They are set but I am not hitting every one. It's a goal, but I am not beating myself up over it right now because I am only on my second week.

Once I feel more confident I have my calories set at the right level and the weight loss is back on track I'll do better.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I pretty much always bit my protein level, Fat is sometimes a bit over and carbs a bit under, but generally I am doing ok I think
  • Noor13
    Options
    I pretty much always bit my protein level, Fat is sometimes a bit over and carbs a bit under, but generally I am doing ok I think
    Lol I HIT my protein level
  • Emilit_uk
    Emilit_uk Posts: 87
    Options
    I would LOVE to hit my protein level....I eat chicken breast tuna, protein shakes, cottage cheese but i just can't seem to make it to 30%!

If anyone does, please share your secret!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I still haven't figured out a way to hit my fats. Protein is over the top, but fats I never make. Suggestions??
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    The best I can do is try to get as close as possible everyday, but I've NEVER been able to hit EXACTLY.

This is me too. I try every day and most days I come pretty close but I can never get them all exactly there. I focus mostly on the protein and making sure I get enough there because that is the macro that I notice the most difference with in terms of how I feel.
  • Noor13
    Options
    I still haven't figured out a way to hit my fats. Protein is over the top, but fats I never make. Suggestions??
    Avocade, Nuts, almond butter, fatty fish like Mackerel, I also add some grated coconut into my oatmeal
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    My main goal is hitting my protein everyday...
  • Noor13
    Options
    I would LOVE to hit my protein level....I eat chicken breast tuna, protein shakes, cottage cheese but i just can't seem to make it to 30%!

If anyone does, please share your secret!

I love cottage cheese and quark. Quark is a very German/Austrian kind of thing (the big Tesco here stocks it). It's a bit like cream cheese but it has almost no fat. you can add a spoon of jam to it, or make it savoury, as you like. I also love fish a lot.
    Quinoa has a lot of protein and I also love beans, lentils...all kind of pulses really

Feel free to check my diary
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    work in progress. I am usually to low on my proteins and over on my fat/ carbs
  • AngelDog1
    AngelDog1 Posts: 89
    Options
    Hitting my macros (especially protein) is a challenge for me everyday! But each day I keep trying! :)