How many calories is everyone taking in?

Options
win4ecu
win4ecu Posts: 34 Member
Hello all :) I am worried I am not getting enough calories everyday.....now I know we can't really eat much (lol) and basically I find myself focusing more on protein than anything else, but calories??? How many are you guys taking in daily? Plus when you add in exercise, you are burning off what little you ate and then it just seems like nothing, ugh??!! Am I worrying too much? :)

Replies

• ibtough
    ibtough Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yep, to me you are. I never ever worried about calories at your stage, I concentrated.on protein mostly. Back then they didn't have this site so the information was not as readily available as of today. Do what your doctor is telling you at this point and enjoy this time- it is the best in the gastric process. :)
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I had the RNY on May 15th so I'm about 5 weeks out or so; I average about 550-650 a day and I exercise 3-5 x per week at 45-60 minutes. I too mostly focus on my protein but I am also just experimenting with what my tummy can handle.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I am about 2.5 months post RNY. At this point between food and shakes I am averaging around 900, sometimes 1000 a day. The most important thing especially in the beginning is to worry most about getting in your protein. Once you are able to get more of your nutrition from food your calorie counts will naturally go up.
  • Teenalou
    Teenalou Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 6 months our from RNY. My dietician told me just to count protein and carbs and first priority is getting the recommended amount of protein. My surgeon wants 80 grams of protein and 25-50 gams of carbs. Follow your surgeons guidlines regarding pritein, carbs, and vitamin suppliments.
  • onehappysunshyne
    onehappysunshyne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am about two months out and am averaging 600-700 calories a day. I try to exercise 3-5 times week. I shoot for 80 -100 grams of protein a day ( mostly with nectar clear protein). I try to keep my carbs under 30 grams a day.
  • romyker
    romyker Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Whew... I'm glad I found this group and this thread. I am one week post RNY and just logged my first day of food intake and was more than a wee bit worried when I saw I ate less than 400 calories yesterday and way too little protein. I'm supposed to be on liquids only for 3 more weeks, so I guess I'm going to concentrate on protein drinks for now.
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I had lap band surgery almost 11 months ago and I still have trouble some days getting 1000 calories in. I aim for 1200-1500 per day. More than not I don't make that number. But I am still losing and coming up on 100 pounds so I guess it's working.